Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend at Angie's

It's Sunday afternoon and my 2 little angels are having a delightful and healthy lunch, while I sit here and blog away. We just finished watching The Little Mermaid for the first time and boy, am I feeling nostalgic. That is just a great movie! Both of my girls are going through a princess phase right now, but my oldest is really taken with Ariel. So cute!

Speaking of great movies, hubby & I watched Charlie Wilson's War last night and LOVED IT! I knew nothing about the premise of the film prior to popping it in the DVD, but since I love the 3 main actors (Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Philip Seymour Hoffman), I knew it had to be at least a decent flick. It definitely exceeded all expectations and I highly recommend it!

Girls night out last Friday night was great! Gorge-fest lived up to it's name and I began my race for the gold yesterday morning. I can report that I was down 2 lbs this morning (since Friday a.m.) and I'm very hungry. Only 5 more days to go! Woo hoo.

Yesterday was consumed with kid activities, including a dinosaur themed birthday party. The venue was a good choice and the games were cute. My girls loved it! Of course, their favorite part was the cake. I think that was my favorite part too! (Yes, I had a piece of cake. I'm human, ok!?!)

I received some disturbing news from the world of scrapbooking yesterday. I am a devotee of Creative Memories and have been using their products for almost 12 years now. I use their albums and pages exclusively for my scrapbooks and was very angry to hear that they are discontinuing the size that I use! Now, this wouldn't be a big deal, if it weren't for the fact that (before the kids came along), I stockpiled about 13 albums for future use. So, now I'm in the unfortunate situation of having to obtain and stockpile pages and page protectors for these 13 albums and just hope that I have enough when I open up the last album in about 10 years. Oh, the things we do for our addictions hobbies.

Alas, the girls have finished their lunches and are now enjoying 5 minutes of free play until it's naptime. I am spending my afternoon with a little activity I call "The Great Toy Excavation". I'm sure there will be pictures to document this feat, later this evening. Have a great Sunday everyone!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Good for you! I'm also about to start a round of decluttering as well as do some work this afternoon. I wanted to wash and wax my car but I think it is supposed to rain. Oh well. Here I go, to dive into the afternoon. Will check in later!

Love and hugs!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I really need to de-clutter. The girls have outgrown so many of their toys...it's just such an overwhelming proposition. So, I just close the door to the basement and go about my business.

Your good news on the Creative Memories front is that you have a little over a year to get the rest of your pages and protectors before they are all gone. You can also stop by my blog and enter a contest for even more supplies! :-)

Rhea said...

I was just about to leave a comment about Kat's giveaway, since you mentioned Creative Memories! But, I see she's already been here. hehe

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Angie's Spot said...

Angela-

Well, I must say that my gusto was short lived yesterday as I opted to cross stitch and watch another movie rather than clean. Oh well! I do not recommend the movie Junebug. I am proud to announce that I'm well on my way to finishing my stitching project. Yippee!!

Angie's Spot said...

Kat-

If I could shut a door and not have to look at the mess, then that's what I would do too! It is definitely overwhelming, but the feeling of satisfaction once it's done is such a natural high. And thanks for the info on CM. My "consultant" didn't bother to keep me up to date. Grrrrr... And thanks for the contest! I'm crossing fingers and toes that I'll win!! :-)

Angie's Spot said...

Rhea-

Thanks for looking out for me! Kat is so awesome to give that stash away! I'm crossing everything and praying on my woefully uncompleted albums that I'll win. Hee hee hee... And yes, it was a great weekend!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs