Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Today was an absolutely wonderful day! This marks my 3rd Mother's Day as a mom to 2-legged kids and my 9th as a mom to 4-legged kids. They are all very precious to me! I was rousted out of bed just after 9am (which is now sleeping in very late) and greeted by my lovely hubby who asked what I would like for breakfast. When I replied that I wasn't very hungry, he said that I had better change my mind real quick.

A few minutes later, I was greeted by a wonderful breakfast in bed! That never gets old. Here's a pic of my youngest who insisted on climbing up to have her pic taken. Yes folks, this is what I look like first thing in the morning. Scary, I know.


After spending several hours in bed, reading the paper, watching a favorite movie , and cross stitching, I finally got dressed and got the kids ready for an outing. My parents found out that the Backyardigans Live stage show was coming to town and insisted on getting tickets for my kids. It was a very sweet gesture, but the only show was at 4pm today. Not exactly how I had hoped to spend my Mother's Day. The girls enjoyed the show, but my youngest was more interested in climbing on the chairs.



We hopped over to one of our favorite eating establishments after the show and enjoyed a lovely dinner together. Hubby and the kids really made this day great for me and I only hope I can continue to live up to their expectations. I'm the really lucky one!



No comments:

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs