Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To Blog or To Clean...That is the question

So, a good friend of mine dropped by my house yesterday morning and was welcomed by a horrible kitchen clutter. While she told me stories of her latest shopping excursion, I asked her the question that always seems to come up. "Why do you continue to spend money that you don't have?" Ok, not a nice question, but an honest one. However, her response to me this time was not one that I welcomed with open arms. "Probably the same reason that you can find time to blog but not time to clean your house." OUCH! That one hurt. Probably because it's true. So, friend, in honor of you, I found the time to do BOTH today.


Horrible kitchen clutter before

Beautiful kitchen after


Horrible clutter before (different angle)

Gorgeous clutter-free after

Ok, so I cheated a little by closing the computer cabinet doors, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm tackling that cabinet this evening after the kids go to bed.

And for those of you who have been keeping up, no, the master bedroom is still not decluttered. One mess-free zone at a time. (Insert big grin here)

6 comments:

Rhea said...

You have a good friend there who's completely honest with you. lol

I daily contimplate that, btw...to blog or to clean...and guess which wins?!! I'm a bad, bad girl, I know.

Justin @ SiempreLaLuna said...

I recognize the kitchen in the first and third photos, but who's is that in the second and fourth?

-J

Angie's Spot said...

Rhea,
My friend tends to be a little TOO honest with me at times. But, I love her anyway. And I struggle with the daily question also. Blogging always comes out on top! Bad girls have to stick together!

Angie's Spot said...

Alright Justin, you smartass. Next time you come to town, this house will be virtually unrecognizable! Just give me a month's notice or so. Ha ha!

Another Gray Hair said...

Always blog. Cleaning is superfluous. Blogging is essential. Your friend should know this.

Angie's Spot said...

Julianne,

You took the words right out of my mouth. And for those of you who haven't checked out J's sight, it's the hilarious Another Gray Hair blog. You can link to it from my front page.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs