Monday, May 5, 2008

My Grandma, My Hero

Today is a very momentous occasion. It is my grandma's 86th birthday! My grandma is a truly amazing woman. I spent most of my formative years in her care and I feel very lucky to have done so. She taught me the importance of taking risks, being honest, being yourself and how to make a yummy pot roast. After my granddad passed away several years ago, I was concerned that my grandma might lose her zest for life. Boy, did she prove me wrong! In celebration of her birthday this year, my grandma decided to go hang-gliding for the 3rd TIME! Here's the pics from this incredible event. Grandma has shown me once again that age is just a number and that you only live once, so you might as well live life to the fullest! Happy 86th birthday Grandma! You're my hero.



Getting ready to take off
Air born!
A graceful landing

2 comments:

Angela said...

GO Grandma Weekley!!!! I am amazed. I hope I have half her courage at that (or any) age!

And happy birthday to a wonderful lady who was so graceful about all the kids who came over to hang out, eat chicken noodle soup and watch tv at her place!

Angie's Spot said...

Amen sister! She is really an inspiration to me. I only hope that I can get my girls to spend more time with her before she leaves this earth. They will be better for it.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs