Friday, February 27, 2009
It's no secret that I love talking about myself. However, when you throw in the chance to win a $250 Target giftcard, well, I will sing my praises ALL.DAY.LONG.
Click on the badge for your chance to enter. In the meantime, here's my entry. These are (in my opinion) the BEST of Angie's Spot. Enjoy!
1. The first 100 things about me
2. The second 100 things about me
3. My obsession with thank you notes
4. Me impersonating a friend, impersonating a celebrity, interviewing me...are you lost yet?
5. I should've been born a Brit
6. Monday Morning Eye Candy - The One that started it all
Thursday, February 26, 2009
That was fun mommy!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Little A loves the playground at school. Peek-a-boo you sweet thing!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
- "Pic of Angies Show Palace" - Hubby & I have done a lot of work on this house, but I don't think I would call it a show palace. Hubby might differ on that opinion though since he's done more of the work and I've done more of the supervising.
- "Entertainment Addiction" - Yes folks, you came to the right place. My name is Angie and I have an entertainment addiction.
- "Angie in Twilight" - Yeah, I wish. (Rob: call me. Please.)
- "Cinderella Kiss" - That would SO happen if I could just get a call from the aforementioned vampire film star.
- "Hate Oriental Trading Company" - Hate is such a strong word. It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of this company, but I wouldn't say I hate them. Best Buy: now THAT'S a company I hate.
- "Vasectomy" - ??? I'm sure hubby is also thinking ???
- "There's a new in town screaming teenage girls" - My question here is what is the new ______ in town that's causing all this chaos? I'm sure I don't know.
- "Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell hot tub" - I can thank my buddy Shannon's guest post in December for the many variations of Goldie/Kurt traffic that I receive. This one in particular amused me greatly though. Who is looking for a hot tub anything of these 2? Yuck.
- "Iceland kids crafts" - If I had any idea that this would such a popular google phrase, I wouldn't have made QUITE as much fun of my brother for spending his Thanksgiving holiday there. I still think he's nuts for going to Iceland in Winter, but hey, at least my kids got a cool souvenir out of it.
- "Mexican lust foto" - I just laugh and laugh at how this sent anyone here. I'm pretty sure this reader DIDN'T find what they were looking for. However, I might be able to dig up a pic of me from my trip to Cancun many years ago. On second thought, maybe not.
And there are just a few of the interesting ways that my readers arrived here. I'll have another round of these probably next week. And I've saved a couple of really interesting ones for that post.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Robert Pattinson - I almost fainted when I heard that he was going to be a presenter. I might have to leave this year's telecast on my DVR so I can go back and watch him over and over and over... (BTW, this is the new wallpaper on my laptop. Shhh, don't tell hubby)
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I don't wear makeup. I don't spend 30 minutes fixing my hair every morning. I own 1 dress and the last time it was worn was 18 months ago.
So, the fact that I have begun to obsess over the state of my hair has got me in a real funk. As I showed you here, I decided to go with some color around Thanksgiving and now, well, I'm in "transition" mode. And I don't like it. The color is growing out, my roots are awful and the cut could best be described as "shaggy dog-ish". It doesn't look good.
For the past 3 weeks, I've been lamenting about how I can't afford to go see my former hairdresser. You know, the guy I could always depend on to tell me the truth and not send me out the door looking like a circus freak.
And then yesterday, the clouds parted, the rays shone down upon my mailbox and out popped an "I Miss You" postcard from my beloved hairdresser, with a sweet coupon that puts him into my price range again. Hallelujah!
And yes, Marty, I'll be calling you today to make an appointment. Oh, how I've missed you too.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
A couple of weeks ago, they had a cover story that I couldn't wait to read. It was entitled "The World's Most Wanted." I have this odd fascination with all things "news magazine" related. I eat up Dateline's "To Catch a Criminal" and 48 Hours Mysteries series'. I know. Let's call it morbid curiosity. Moving on.
I began reading the article and learned about some really awful people. Murderers, terrorists, masterminds behind genocides and other disgusting and horrible criminals who are still on the loose. And then I came across something that caused me to do a triple take.
One of the world's most wanted criminals is a 60 year old Russian who was indicted for, and I quote "fixing pairs skating in the '02 Olympics". Seriously? THIS guy is a world's most wanted? I mean he's on a list with Osama Bin Laden for heaven's sake.
Now, I'm not saying that what the skating guy did was minimal, but I AM asking for a little perspective here. Parade, I think you might have missed the mark on this one. Leaving this guy out of your story would've given it a lot more credibility. This guy just doesn't quite measure up to the level of evil that say, the leader of the Rwandan genocide emotes. I'm just sayin'.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
The first reason hits really close to home. The team I am rooting for is Margie & Luke who are a mother/son team. The inspiring thing is that Luke is completely deaf and he doesn't let his impairment get in his way. He's on the show to prove that deaf people can do things just the same as hearing people and so far, he's off to a great start! I was in tears watching he & his mom come in first place on the first pit stop. Go team!
The second reason this season rocks is because of one of the first challenges presented. I could explain it but you would have to wait for me to wipe away the tears from all of my laughter, because I seriously cry every time I look at this video. It's.that.funny. The contestants are in Switzerland and have been tasked with moving 50lb wheels of cheese from the top of a very steep hill to the bottom of this hill using any means necessary. Enjoy.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Jay Harrington - This hottie has been playing one of the jerky new doctors on Private Practice. I can look past the jerk-ish tendencies with eyes like that.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
And tonight on Lula Queen Live is the blogger that everyone is talking about. Tonight's guest is the elusive Angie from Angie's Spot. Will Lula be able to crack that stone facade and get her to answer the tough questions that THE WORLD WANTS TO KNOW? Let's find out.
Lula: Good evening Angie!
Angie: Hi Lula! It's great to be here.
Lula: Angie, I'm so glad you've joined us this evening. Let's get right to this. I've asked my viewers to give me their most burning questions for you to answer. Straight from my blog, here's the first question.
Angie: I'm ready Lula.
Lula: Penny from Poughkeepsie writes, "Angie, if you could rid the earth of one thing, what would it be?"
Angie: Wow, you certainly didn't throw me a softball with this first question. I would have to say that if I could rid the earth of one thing, it would be cancer. I know too many people who have been impacted by this disease and it needs to be stopped. If I could pick a second thing, it would DEFINITELY have to be those stupid Sonic commercials with the 2 people in the car talking to each other. So annoying.
Lula: Yeah, I'm not a fan of those Sonic commercials either, but their Cherry Limeades over pellet ice are just fabulous!
Angie: Well, I can't disagree with that.
Lula: Next, Lana from Louisville writes, "If you had a time machine that could only move back in time, where would you go and who would you see?"
Angie: Another tough one. I think I would travel back in time to Nicaragua around 1954. Nicaragua is where my dad is from and his father was killed in a helicopter crash when my dad was very young. I would want to see what that country looked like before it was war torn and to meet my paternal grandfather.
Lula: Oh my, that's so sad. Let's move on. Iris from Indianapolis wants to know if you would please share with us a vivid memory from your childhood?
Angie: I would love to Lula! One memory that is still crystal clear in my mind is from a summer at Girl Scout Camp Adahi. I was REALLY into horses, much like every young girl is, and that summer I was in love with a quarter horse named Red. I learned to barrel race with that horse and came in 3rd place in our end of camp competition. I still have the yellow ribbon for my achievement. Gosh, I still love horses and am already seeing that same love blossoming in my oldest girl. Sorry, I'm getting a little teary.
Lula: Oh, that's so sweet. I understand what you mean. I've got 2 little girls too! Our next question comes from Helen in Honolulu. She writes, "Angie, if you pick any celebrity to be your slave for a week, who would it be and what duties would you require of him?"
Angie: (laughing heartily) Oh Lula, this is a really hard one for me! As my loyal readers know, I am a great admirer of hot celebrity men and feature a few of them each week in my increasingly popular "Monday Morning Eye Candy" post. But, if I had to pick just one, well, I know exactly who it would be. And don't hate me, but it would be Robert Pattinson. As far as his duties, well they would include playing the piano for me, saying silly British lingo like "Where's the loo", "You're bloody fabulous" and "Horses for courses", and well, I try to keep this blog PG, so we'll just stop right there. (still laughing heartily)
Lula: Well, before we start getting the WRONG types of calls from viewers, let's wrap this up with our last question this evening. Shannon from Saskatchewan says, "Everyone has a talent of some sort. What is yours, how do you use it and how often do you use it?"
Angie: I would say that my talent is making people feel at ease with my smile. I smile a LOT and it's often the thing that people say they remember most about me or like the most. I love being around people and listening to what they have to say, so if my smile can accomplish that often, then I'm thrilled!
Lula: A warm smile is such a wonderful talent to have! It's just one of the things that I love about you. Thank you so much for coming to my show tonight!
Angie: Lula, I just think you're the best and am honored to be your guest tonight. Tell those girls of yours that I said hi and tell your best friend Paula that I'm still looking for my autographed cookbook that she promised me.
Lula: Girl, you know I will. Paula and I are like this, you know! And join me tomorrow when my special guests will be the cast from LOST. You won't want to miss this. And have a great evening y'all!
**My many thanks to Lula for interviewing me!
Now...I would love to interview you and you and you.
So here is what you do:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
So come on--let's get to know each other better. And do not fear potential questions--I promise to play very nice.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Since I love nothing more than talking about myself, let's go with round 2 of 100 Things About Me! If you missed round 1, well, here's that entry for the next time that you have 10 minutes to kill.
- I have a cat named Percy.
- Percy is named after the train from the Thomas the Train children's cartoon.
- My kids didn't name him. Hubby & I did.
- I own almost every single Disney classic cartoon feature film on DVD.
- I owned most of them before any of my kids were even conceived.
- I despise doing yard work.
- I would love to have property that includes a wonderful large garden with fresh vegetables and beautiful landscaping everywhere, but only if I could afford a gardener to keep it up.
- I'm not a huge fan of vegetables, but I like the idea of having a great vegetable garden.
- I'm a really picky eater.
- I have distinct memories of my mother force feeding me a baked potato when I was about 5 years old.
- I didn't eat another baked potato until my senior year in high school.
- Now I am obsessed with baked potatoes. Actually, potatoes cooked in any way are my obsession.
- I judge the quality of a restaurant by their dessert menu.
- Chocolate desserts are my favorite.
- I also judge restaurants by the kind of bread they serve.
- I think I'm a carb-o-holic. Is there a support group for that?
- I love "reality" tv shows.
- My fave shows are the Amazing Race, American Idol and Survivor.
- My brother & I are trying to become contestants on the Amazing Race.
- I love the idea of traveling all over the world in whirlwind trip with my little brother.
- I'm considering becoming a music teacher.
- I'm terrified of singing in front of other parents. The kids, not so much.
- Music is a major component of my life.
- I really want an iPod Touch.
- I'm concerned that my iTunes library is going to crash my laptop because of its volume.
- My favorite genre of music is Pop, but I also love musicals, classical, bluegrass, opera, some country, rap and everything in between.
- If I were trapped on a desert island and could only listen to 5 artists ever again, they would be: Pink, Josh Groban, Pink Floyd, Jason Mraz and Dave Matthews Band.
- My current musical obsession is the soundtrack from Mamma Mia. That Meryl Streep can sing!
- I have played the piano since the age of 8.
- The movie "Annie" inspired me to start playing the piano.
- I have always loved singing and will listen to a song repeatedly until I've learned the lyrics.
- I do not think I'm a good singer. (There will be no embarrassing American Idol auditions in my future)
- I don't have a favorite actor.
- There are many actors that whose performances I enjoy and who I admire as very good looking, but no one person stands out.
- My favorite actress is Julia Roberts.
- My favorite movie of hers is Notting Hill.
- Any commercial with animals in it makes me cry at the drop of a hat.
- Most Hallmark commercials make me cry.
- I consider myself to be overly emotional most of the time, even though I might not show it.
- My favorite book in high school was "The Catcher in the Rye".
- One of my senior quotes was from that book.
- The other was from Deborah Norville. How's THAT for polar opposites of the literary world.
- I always wanted a sister when I was growing up.
- I think that's why I ended up with 2 little girls.
- I used to dress up my cat in baby clothes and put her in a cradle and take pictures of her.
- My oldest tried doing that same thing last week.
- I fear that my girls will be embarrassed by me, the same way that I was embarrassed by my mom.
- I can remember watching the Dukes of Hazzard every week with my mom in our living room while my dad worked late.
- I can also remember our routine from every Saturday evening. We would pick up the early edition of the Sunday paper, go home and then I would peruse the comics while we watched Hee Haw.
- I grew up in East Tennessee.
- One of my favorite things in this world is a fleece blanket.
- My hubby kept stealing this blanket from me.
- So, I got another great fleece blanket on my trip to Maine last year.
- Yep, hubby took that one over too. So, I stole the original blanket back.
- Breakfast is one of my favorite meals, but I rarely eat it.
- I really dislike pancakes.
- I love french toast.
- I cook a huge breakfast for my whole family every Christmas morning.
- One of my favorite childhood memories is swinging in a big woven swing in my grandparents backyard.
- If we won the lottery, I would want to buy my grandparents house back and keep it in the family.
- My grandmother was an incredible part of my young life.
- She taught me the importance of being strong and being proud of who you are.
- I would love to live on the ocean shoreline.
- I do not enjoy swimming in the ocean.
- I am afraid of sharks.
- I also don't like sand and other sea creatures under my feet.
- I'm a wuss.
- My favorite trip as a kid was to England on my 15th birthday.
- That's when the obsession with all things British began.
- I hope I get to take my girls there someday.
- I really want a German Shepherd puppy.
- I'm beginning to think I'm an expert on dog training after watching about 50 episodes of The Dog Whisperer. (just kidding)
- I think that watching that show will make me a much better dog owner when the time comes.
- I would love for my next German Shepherd to be a therapy dog.
- I would love to work with sick kids who need a pick me up that a dog can provide like nothing else.
- When I'm an empty-nester, I want to travel and show dogs. Not necessarily at the same time.
- My favorite flowers are white roses and stargazer lilies. In that order.
- The florist from my wedding never billed me for the flowers.
- They also shorted me some really important flowers on that day.
- My wedding day was very memorable for some crazy reasons. Some funny and some just downright horrid.
- I still have my wedding dress, but tried to get rid of it pretty soon after the wedding.
- Hubby was dead set against me getting rid of the gown.
- My oldest is currently obsessed with weddings.
- I can't wait to show her our wedding album and see what her reactions are.
- My favorite memory from my wedding was at our reception. It was my friends trying to bustle my dress while my granddad fed me chicken fingers.
- My granddad got very sick not terribly long after that.
- I have never visited his grave site because I'm terrified of cemeteries.
- The cemetery where he is buried is 5 minutes from my house.
- Every year, they do a luminary at each grave site on one particular evening. The sight of it almost sends me into a panic attack every year.
- For some reason, it reminds me of the scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark where everybody melts. Scary stuff.
- Most of the clothing in my closet is at least 4 years old.
- Many of the shirts have holes in them.
- I have trouble letting things go.
- My favorite piece of clothing is a long sleeve blue Timberland shirt that I got in Maine
10 years ago a long time agoa while back.
- When I was in the 8th grade, I wrote a story about falling in love with my dream guy named Jake.
- My hubby's name is Jake.
- We didn't meet until I was almost 19.
- Our first date was on my 19th birthday.
- We had dinner at an Italian restaurant, which I think is why I love Italian food so much to this day.
- I think that memories are such an amazing gift.
Ok, and there we have another 100 things about me! If you've read all the way to the bottom, well, bless your heart. You deserve a gold star at the very least. Thanks for indulging me and I hope you'll come back tomorrow for a fun interview from Lula about none other than me!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
- I love inspirational people and Lilly is just amazing! Her hubby has Stage 4 cancer, but she's trying to keep a positive attitude. She's doing a GREAT Valentine's giveaway that you should check out and share with others.
- For anyone here who has never visited Bossy, well, you're missing out big time. She's quite possibly the funniest blogger that I read and she's a pop culture, music, and politics junkie, which I adore. She did a post this week on that stupid HGTV show that I whined about a few weeks ago called House Hunters. It.was.brilliant.
- My other favorite female blogger is Jen Lancaster, who is also (not coincidentally) my favorite author. She & I have a similar interest in all things cupcake. Side note, my cupcakes look like her 2nd picture 99% of the time.
- Many people are familiar with the incredibly popular Bloggess. She's irreverent, crude, potty-mouthed and those are just a few of the things that I like about her. Her post about a fan's emails almost made me pee in my pants. WARNING: Her post is FULL of bad language and easily rated R, so don't click over if you're easily offended.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Last night, I dreamt that I was riding in a beautiful, brand new Audi with Samantha from Sex & the City. The interior of the car was upholstered in a classic Coach handbag print. ??? Apparently, I watched a rerun of SATC too close to bedtime last night and Lula's boyfriend's commercial made quite an impact on me, and I'm apparently coveting Shannon's new purse. Too funny!
A few nights ago, I dreamt that I showed up for an event where a lot of my classmates from high school were present. Now, this isn't anything spectacular, but what struck me as odd was the fact that I was my current size in the dream. That's a first! When I see myself in dreams, I am always the thin girl that I was 15 years ago. Even the dream last night starred the thin me. Isn't the mind a weird and fascinating thing?!
So, how about you? Do you dream in color? Do you dream often? Can you remember your dreams when you wake up or even days later?
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
I used to be amused by this question. I would take that opportunity to recreate the scene in my doctor's office when she questioned my request to have my tubes tied. And I quote, "I never EVER want to be pregnant again." And to quote my hubby, "I never EVER want her to be pregnant again." See, we agree on some things!
And then I went from amused to annoyed. It seemed in the year after Little A's birth, this question was rampant. Everywhere I turned, inquiring minds wanted to know. Friends, family, complete strangers at the mall. I couldn't get away from it!
Now that Little A is fast approaching her 3rd birthday (pardon me while I cry a bit), it seems that this question has again reared it's ugly head. We were out & about last weekend and a complete stranger walked up to me and commented on how beautiful my girls were. And then it came. "So, are you thinking about having another one? Maybe a boy this time?"
I guess I need to have a t-shirt made that says "Proud Mom of 2 GIRLS...End of Story". Maybe THEN people will get it. Yeah, probably not.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Jason Patric - There was only 1 reason that I saw The Lost Boys movie more than once. And here he is.