Monday, May 5, 2008

Mommy Appreciation Week

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week at my daughter's preschool. The committee has planned all sorts of wonderful things for the teachers, which I do think they richly deserve. I'm making baked potato soup (from scratch) for the luncheon on Thursday. Yummy! All of the work going into this week got me thinking about something. Nurses get an appreciation week. Administrative Professionals get an appreciation week. Moms get a day. Huh?!?! What's wrong with this picture?

Being a mom is one of the hardest, under-paid, under-appreciated, and over-looked jobs that a person can have. And I say person, because we all know that there are some guys out there who take on the role of both mom and dad, and I don't want to leave them out. How is it that we get 1 day out of the whole year that's supposed to be to celebrate our role in the lives of the ones who depend on us, when other "real" jobs get an entire week of accolades? It just doesn't seem fair.

So, with little fanfare, I am now proclaiming that this week shall be known here forward as MOMMY APPRECIATION WEEK! For all you mommies out there who work tirelessly as the CEO of your households, performing such exciting tasks as chef, chauffeur, nurse, teacher, dishwasher, carpenter, bookkeeper, dog whisperer, etc., I salute you! This is your week! May your kids, spouses and other loved ones shower you with the love and admiration that you so richly deserve. And soak it up...because it'll be another year before you get it again. Ha ha!

No comments:

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs