My goal is to update my progress monthly on my second round of the 101 Things in 1,001 Days project. Here’s where I stand after January 2013.
13. Read 1 book every month - Jan 2013 “Diary of a Stage Mom’s Daughter”, “Fifty Shades Free” & “When You Were Mine”
74. Plan and go on a date with hubby every month for a year - Jan 2013 We went out for lunch & a movie for FREE thanks to gift cards & reward programs!
82. Enter at least 1 contest online every day for a month - In Jan 2013, I entered a Disney trip giveaway every single day. I’m anxiously awaiting a FedEx truck to appear at my door with good news one of these days!
85. Send a bag of clothes to ThredUp - Completed January 2013
89. Organize the playroom and declutter it - Completed Jan 2013! 6 hours of work, but well worth it!
3 tasks complete and progress on 2 more. I’m off to a good start!
One of the things that I love most about our girls is their incredible sense of imagination. They create elaborate playscapes throughout our house and play for hours together with fits of giggles and maybe a squabble or 2.
I finally managed to capture one of their scenes before it disappeared. This is the night that a train arrived in our kitchen. And lucky for us, hubby and I got to take a ride on the train before it departed back into the minds of our little girls.
These are some of the memories that I hope never fade away.
Today begins my second “101 things to do in 1,001 days” project. My official start date is 1/2/2013 and my end date is 9/30/2015. Here’s my fresh “to do” wishlist!
1. Replace our roof 2. Add a storm door to the front entrance 3. Replace the carport door 4. Add a rug to the living room 5. Get bookshelves for the living room 6. Finish putting together and decorating the craft room 7. Build flower boxes for the front patio and back deck 8. Plant some flowers around the mailbox 9. Plant a container vegetable garden with the kids 10. Get a plan/budget together to replace the carpet in the basement with wood flooring and install a wood stove 11. Enter a photography contest 12. Make a quilt 13. Read 1 book every month 14. Read all of the Harry Potter books 15. Join a local book club 16. Learn to knit or crochet 17. Knit or crochet a blanket 18. Craft with friends at least once a quarter 19. Learn how to use my sewing machine 20. Sew a dress for each of my children 21. Learn a new language 22. Enroll in a pottery class 23. Print my blog in book form for 2008 24. Print my blog in book form for 2009 25. Print my blog in book form for 2010 26. Print my blog in book form for 2012 27. Enroll in a cake decorating class 28. Take a photography class & learn how to use my camera 29. Cross stitch the Rainbow Bridge poem 30. Finish a heritage scrapbook for my mom 31. Finish a heritage scrapbook for my dad 32. Do a 30 Day Photography project on my blog 33. Take a cooking class 34. Run a 5k 35. Lose 10 lbs 36. Lose 20 lbs 37. Lose 30 lbs 38. Lose 40 lbs 39. Lose 50 lbs 40. Lose 60 lbs 41. Lose 70 lbs 42. Lose 80 lbs 43. Purchase a new wardrobe after meeting my weight loss goal 44. Go on a horseback ride that involves galloping 45. Take my dog on a walk twice a week 46. Play in a disc golf tournament 47. Cook 2 new dishes each month 48. Get a tattoo 49. Get a professional bra fitting 50. Get my passport 51. Take singing lessons 52. Finish my will 53. Ride in a limo 54. Watch a movie at a drive-in theater 55. Buy a pair of boots 56. Get my Mickey Mouse watch repaired 57. Book a trip to London 58. Sing karaoke at a bar/club 59. Use my bread maker 60. Send my grandma a card once a week 61. Send my Aunt Susan a card once a week 62. Be debt free (except for the house) 63. Apply for membership with the DAR 64. Dye a blue streak in my hair 65. Have a professional photo shoot done of just me 66. Save all of my coin change for a month & deposit it into my kids savings accounts 67. Print my blog in book form for 2013 68. Print my blog in book form for 2014 69. Update the family scrapbook through 2012 70. Make handmade gifts for all my immediate family members one Christmas 71. Take a family trip to Wilderness in the Smokies 72. Take a family trip to Colonial Williamsburg 73. Join the Junior League 74. Plan and go on a date with hubby every month for a year 75. Go on a zip line tour 76. Go on a Disney Cruise 77. Spend a weekend at a B&B 78. See a Cirque du Soleil show 79. Update the family scrapbook through 2013 80. Update the family scrapbook through 2014 81. Participate in the 10 on 10 project on my blog at least 4 times in a year 82. Enter at least 1 contest online every day for a month 83. Have a mommy date with each of my daughters every month 84. Have a mom date with my BFF at the painting party place 85. Send a bag of clothes to ThredUp 86. Eat breakfast every day for a month 87. Go on a canoe day trip 88. Go rock climbing 89. Organize the playroom and declutter it 90. Hang up the family organizer station and try to use it to keep us organized 91. Sell some clutter on eBay 92. Finish sorting the pictures from my grandparents & put them into albums 93. Clean and stain the back deck 94. Get an umbrella and stand for the back deck table 95. Spend a month sticking to the cleaning schedule I created 96. Finish a cross stitch piece for Ailey 97. Update Ashlyn's room decor for her 10th birthday 98. Buy myself a pretty cocktail dress & wear it somewhere special 99. Swim with dolphins 100. Send a card to a random friend once a week 101. Write a new list of 101 things in 1,001 days at the end of this project