Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"The dream is dead" or "Fun with Dentistry"


Well, it's official gang. There will be no bathroom remodel home improvement project this year. Bummer.
I don't know if things work this way in your house, but here's a typical scenario in mine. We find out that we're going to get a tidy little sum of cash and we immediately start dreaming of all the wonderful ways we can spend it. Then the money arrives and we sit on it for a few days, because we know that doom is coming. And last night, doom arrived, right on schedule!
The deck project is well under way and I was beginning to plan the bathroom project when my tooth broke. Yes, I was enjoying a wonderful chocolate chip cookie and that blasted tooth broke in half. I know, I shouldn't have been eating the cookie, but stay on point here folks. Luckily, the tooth wasn't causing me excruciating pain, but I knew that an emergency trip to the dentist was in my future.
So, I've just returned from the dentist...less $500 in my bank account. Ouch! (That hurt worse than the tooth) And I get to return to see them next week to offer them my right arm in exchange for a lovely root canal and permanent crown. Woo hoo, it's my lucky day!
Hope your day is going better than my Toothache Tuesday!

2 comments:

Rhea said...

I'm sorry the bathroom project is dead for now...but glad you're taking care of your teeth! I went to the dentist today for a filling and sealant on four teeth. It does cost an arm and a leg!

Angie's Spot said...

Thanks Rhea! These dentists have definitely got quite a deal going. Of course, if I had to work in peoples mouths for 8 hours a day, I would charge more than an arm & a leg!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs