I've been watching a LOT of British films lately. And I've noticed that my thoughts now have a British accent. Yes, I have a constant narrative in my head. I'm seeking professional help for it. Ahem. Here are some signs that I might be morphing into a Brit.
1. I greet my kids each morning by saying "Allo guv"
2. I've taken to calling idiot drivers "wankers"
3. My new favorite curse word is "sod off"
4. I've started recognizing British topography on t.v. and referring to it as if I was just there yesterday
5. My iPod is stuck on The Cure's "Just Like Heaven"
6. I no longer have to subtitle Brit films. I can understand the accents perfectly. Well, almost perfectly.
7. I had to stifle my urge to hug the barista at Starbucks when she started speaking in a Brit accent. My countrywoman.
Do you ever feel like you identify with another country's people? Or, do you ever wish you could just pick up an accent for a day and be someone else completely? That is, without your friends and family questioning whether or not they should have you committed.