Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Say Cheese!

As I've mentioned here many, many times, I am a huge fan of The Amazing Race. The new season began this past weekend and I can already tell that this is going to be my favorite season so far!

The first reason hits really close to home. The team I am rooting for is Margie & Luke who are a mother/son team. The inspiring thing is that Luke is completely deaf and he doesn't let his impairment get in his way. He's on the show to prove that deaf people can do things just the same as hearing people and so far, he's off to a great start! I was in tears watching he & his mom come in first place on the first pit stop. Go team!

The second reason this season rocks is because of one of the first challenges presented. I could explain it but you would have to wait for me to wipe away the tears from all of my laughter, because I seriously cry every time I look at this video. It's.that.funny. The contestants are in Switzerland and have been tasked with moving 50lb wheels of cheese from the top of a very steep hill to the bottom of this hill using any means necessary. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

This challenge was pure genius.

Every single slip 'n slide down the hill was spectacular!

Scary Mommy said...

I have never once watched that, but may have to start!

It was awesome meeting you. And I apologize for those wild animals with me. Really, I have no idea who they were. ;)

Angela said...

I must have missed something. That is hysterical, but...how come they can't simply roll the cheese to the bottom?

Rhea said...

I LOVE the Amazing Race. My favorite reality show. I loved the cheese road block. It was hilarious.

And I love the mother/son team too.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs