Saturday, February 7, 2009

Preschool Relief


It's been such a busy week around here that I haven't had a chance to post about our very exciting news. This past Monday, I received a phone call from the principal of the preschool that we've been waiting to hear from and she offered us a position for Big A!
In one moment, I felt as though we had just climbed Everest, McKinley and Fuji all in 1 day. It was fabulous!
We, of course, accepted the position and the next day I made it official by heading down to the school and filling out her paperwork and signing my financial life away (thanks Dad!), but she's in. And that's all that matters to me right now.
For a moment though, I did feel kind of guilty because deep down I truly wonder if we got a spot because we played by the rules or because we tried to "work the system". Fortunately, we have lots of friends connected to the school system here and I know at least a few made calls or sent emails to the school on our behalf. Either way, I'm seriously grateful for the opportunity that my girls now have and am so excited about their educational future. It was a great week!
Thanks to all of you who commented and emailed me words of support and crossed your fingers! It really means a lot to me! Have a wonderful weekend and be ready for a very special edition of Monday Morning Eye Candy next week!

4 comments:

Kori said...

YAY! I'm am so happy for you. Seems like good news is all around.

Ps. I won the camera.

Jane In The Jungle said...

No guilt girl cause obviously they were "working the system" also!!

Michelle said...

Oh yay, congrats! I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to hear more about the school and ... next fall, how Big A loves it! (Now can you add some crossed fingers that we get into the dual language program?)

Brandy said...

Congrats on getting her in! You are the most awesome mom ever!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs