Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Dream Police

I would definitely be classified as a dreamer. Both in conscious life and at night when I'm sleeping. I dream very vividly almost every night and very often in full color. It's a gift. The past couple of nights have boasted a couple of dreams that I remember very well, which is kind of unusual. Normally, I don't remember dreams in detail more than a few minutes after I wake up.

Last night, I dreamt that I was riding in a beautiful, brand new Audi with Samantha from Sex & the City. The interior of the car was upholstered in a classic Coach handbag print. ??? Apparently, I watched a rerun of SATC too close to bedtime last night and Lula's boyfriend's commercial made quite an impact on me, and I'm apparently coveting Shannon's new purse. Too funny!

A few nights ago, I dreamt that I showed up for an event where a lot of my classmates from high school were present. Now, this isn't anything spectacular, but what struck me as odd was the fact that I was my current size in the dream. That's a first! When I see myself in dreams, I am always the thin girl that I was 15 years ago. Even the dream last night starred the thin me. Isn't the mind a weird and fascinating thing?!

So, how about you? Do you dream in color? Do you dream often? Can you remember your dreams when you wake up or even days later?

8 comments:

Orland said...

nice your blog
iam enjoy read it... :)

pls... visit back my blog at:
www.dalvindoorlando.blogspot.com
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Best Regard,
OrLaNd
---INDONESIA---

Shelley said...

Yes, I do dream, but mostly after I've had a late night snack of Doritos. I can count on a really weird one if I eat those within about two hours of bedtime.

Unknown said...

blog good is yours

color I dream in

dreams remeber I do, sometimes.

visit my blog, please do.

Lizzy
-NC

Brandy said...

HTL is crazy!

I dream every night. And I mean EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. Sometimes I can remember them vividly and other times they fade quickly.

98% of my dreams take place at my childhood home - if a home is involved.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Ok cracking up at Lizzy's comment!!

I do dream in color, I tend to remember too long the troublesome ones! The nice ones just pleasantly fade. Now big daddy always remembers when he has wack-o dreams and then proceeds to tell me he can't remember them, just that they were strange!!!

Unknown said...

I never remember my dreams...and I am not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol

Angela said...

Too funny! I typically dream in color too and never thought anything of it, but my mother in law and hubby's brother all claim that they "dream in color" only when they eat her broccoli casserole at Thanksgiving. I laugh so hard every time I hear that. I'm like, how do you people dream the rest of the time? In black and white? LOL

Michelle said...

Interesting dream there, Angie!

I dream. I dream vividly. In color. And smell. And feel. And really really long and in-depth dreams with a ton of detail. That I frequently remember for a long time. Which totally freaks my husband out. Interstingly, though I just realized that I am always in my eyes in my dreams, so I never see myself. Huh. I wonder what that means.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs