Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Hair Apparent

I'm not a girly girl.

I don't wear makeup. I don't spend 30 minutes fixing my hair every morning. I own 1 dress and the last time it was worn was 18 months ago.

So, the fact that I have begun to obsess over the state of my hair has got me in a real funk. As I showed you here, I decided to go with some color around Thanksgiving and now, well, I'm in "transition" mode. And I don't like it. The color is growing out, my roots are awful and the cut could best be described as "shaggy dog-ish". It doesn't look good.

For the past 3 weeks, I've been lamenting about how I can't afford to go see my former hairdresser. You know, the guy I could always depend on to tell me the truth and not send me out the door looking like a circus freak.

And then yesterday, the clouds parted, the rays shone down upon my mailbox and out popped an "I Miss You" postcard from my beloved hairdresser, with a sweet coupon that puts him into my price range again. Hallelujah!

And yes, Marty, I'll be calling you today to make an appointment. Oh, how I've missed you too.

14 comments:

Smoochiefrog said...

I hope you enjoy your new do, whenever you get it done. :)

P.S. That thingy over there <--- says I haven't updated in a month. I swear I have, honest! :)

Unknown said...

I only get mine done about every 4 months or so. It is usually so bad that I am terribly embarassed to walk in the salon. My issue is finding the time to fit my hair into my schedule. I love my girl but she is so slow!!! It usually takes over 3 hours and I HATE THAT PART!

Unknown said...

I only get mine done about every 4 months or so. It is usually so bad that I am terribly embarassed to walk in the salon. My issue is finding the time to fit my hair into my schedule. I love my girl but she is so slow!!! It usually takes over 3 hours and I HATE THAT PART!

Amy said...

I had mine colored last night (my hair guy calls my grey "silver" which sounds so much nicer you know) and gosh it makes you feel better!

Brandy said...

I can't wait to see updated pics!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Man what luck, you go girl!

Lula! said...

Wanna see pics.

I've never had a dude do my hair. Seriously. Only ladies have touched these locks.

And I am a girly girl, but my hair takes 10 minutes, start to finish. Best hairstyle ever, I tell ya.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your coupon! Lucky break. We're Dave-Ramsey-ing too so it is Great Clips city for yours truly.

Reillybug said...

I HATE getting my hair done and I always put it off so long that people at work are telling me to get my hair done :).... And am very low maintenance with regards to hair.

Michelle said...

Yeah... I'm not so into getting my hair done either. Now I just got to the local hair school where they do it for $10 and do lots of great stuff AND the owner finishes things off so it is always perfect (or at least as perfect as my hair gets!) in the end.

Kelly said...

So happy the hair gods smiled down upon you!! Enjoy your new do!

Rhea said...

yay! A good haircut can do wonders for your psyche. I'm so glad you got a coupon. :o)

Angela said...

Fun! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Shannon said...

Well, that's just fate/karma/destiny/whatever telling you to go! Can't wait to see your new 'do!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs