1. the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable
2. responsibility to someone or for some activity
I started something new last year that worked out really well with my whole "to do" list for the year. For 2009, I decided to implement an additional step in helping me get my "to do" list for the year accomplished. So, I'm going to post a monthly update on my progress with the "to do" list, in the hopes that the accountability will motivate me even more! Now, let's review.
1. Getting a working budget implemented: I enrolled in the Dave Ramsey course "Financial Peace University" and am happy to report that our brand new budget rolled out today. Now, let's see if we can actually stick to it.
2. Eliminate our debt: This is next week's lesson in the above mentioned course. Hopefully next month will show some progress on this step!
3. Finish the Patten Chapel cross stitch: I'm picking this back up but have given myself until the end of March to finish one section. (Thanks for the idea Michelle!)
4. Start & finish the Bambi cross stitch for Little A: I've given myself until the end of this month to pull all of the materials together for it.
5. Weight loss and size 6 by December 1: I'm giving myself a goal of losing 8 lbs by the end of this month. Here we go!
6. Implement date night once a month with hubby: We successfully pulled this off last month! For February, we're throwing around the idea of seeing the Cirque show Kooza in Atlanta. I'm crossing my fingers!!
7. Significant progress on my novel and blogging regularly: The novel is at a stand still for the moment due to writer's block, but the blogging is getting back on track. I actually cleared out my reader last night and am going to make a concerted effort to stay on top of it this month.
8. Finish decluttering the house: I made big progress on cleaning out the master bedroom last month, but I'm going to finish that and work on the kids rooms this month.
9. Get the scrapbooks up to date: I made HUGE progress in getting all my 2008 pics uploaded to Shutterfly. (By the way, it takes approximately 36 hours to upload 3000 pics on a high speed connection. Just guessing.) I flaked on a crop this last week, but I've got another one on the calendar for this month. Baby steps!
And for those of you still with me, thank you for reading all of my drivel. Just going back and reviewing all these goals has renewed my resolve to get off my (rather large) arse and get back on the wagon!