Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Queen of the Dance

I got some bad news last week.

I had put Little A on a waiting list for a Mommy & Me dance class at Big A's dance school, several months ago. While we were Big A's class last week, the scheduling manager notified me that the class was finally going to happen. I was so excited!

Little A has desperately wanted to go to her own dance class for a while now, so this was a great opportunity. That is, until I found out one little detail.

At the end of the semester in May, there is a big recital that Big A is VERY excited about performing in. Each class puts on an adorable costume and performs a song in front of the crowd. I couldn't wait for the recital until the lady informed me that Little A & I would now be performing in it. Huh?!?!?!?!

Frankly, the thought of me trying to squeeze into some silly dance leotard/costume is just more than I can bear to think of at the moment. Much less getting on stage and dancing around in front of a couple hundred people that I don't know. Oh, this is SO NOT HAPPENING.

Stay tuned for this ongoing saga. Let's see if I actually end up going through with it. Hubby has already assured me that he will secure front row seats and a tripod for our video camera if I do end up in this show.

9 comments:

Jane In The Jungle said...

OMG, the class sounded like a good idea to me to until that last little bit of info!!!
Can I come as a fan??

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

We will have to plan a Mommy Blabbers weekend around that recital!

And I hated mommy and me classes. Hated 'em. Especially the swimming ones. So. Um. We didn't do them.

Kori said...

Oh I will pay good money to get a ticket to that recital.

Brandy said...

The things you do for your kids...DO IT! And make sure the video ends up here.

brainella said...

I'm sure you can find a fabulous outfit that isn't scary! And it will be fantastically fun and amazing to do that with her. You know you secretly want to... :-)

Reillybug said...

I am right there with you! Plus I can't dance, so......

Shannon said...

As I told you yesterday... if this were me, the hubs can go right ahead and video the performance. But that video would never see the light of day...

Unknown said...

Oh I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO there for that one baby!

Michelle said...

Oh yeah. Now I remember why Little Miss didn't start swim lessons until she was three. Yep, it's clear as a bell now! ;)

But again, remember... it's all about her and no one will be looking at the moms.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs