Saturday, January 17, 2009

Clutter Revisited

You know you have too much crap when you spend 5+ hours trying to clean up a room and it looks far worse than when you began. That's been my day today.

One of the items on my "to do" list for 2009 is to finally finish the "decluttering of the house" project that I began last year. Peter Walsh, the Aussie home organizer from TLC's "Clean Sweep" has an online support thing going. So, I signed up for his handy little emails once a month that give me a homework assignment and some motivation.

The assignment for this month is to take back our bedrooms, especially the master bedroom. I don't know about you, but my bedroom tends to be the dumping ground for stuff that doesn't belong in any other room. So, I've spent the better part of my day trying to sift through the TONS of scrapbooking stuff that has taken over my bedroom. The good news is that I've found lots of stuff to get rid of on eBay or giveaway. The bad news is that I STILL can't find those Christmas cards from 2007. Sigh. The war wages on...

5 comments:

Jane In The Jungle said...

OK spill....interview!

Julie H said...

Did you find any red paper? I really need more red paper lol.

Michelle said...

I hear ya! My room is the office. Just WAIT until I clean it and then post about it ;) Good luck finding those Christmas cards!

Unknown said...

My master bedroom is horrible. I have a dresser covered in single socks. Hoping that their mate my one day surface!!! Not mention my ironing board is always out covered in Paul's clothes. I have little stacks of clothing everywhere UGH they are taking me over!!!

Brandy said...

Well my bedroom was awful until two weeks ago when I cleaned it. My problem is that I have way too many shoes and clothes.

As for a dumping ground that would be my dining room table. I have to clear it twice a week or it becomes unbearable.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs