Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My entertainment addiction has a new dealer

As if I needed another time waster in my life.

So, my BFF Angela introduced me to this neat little website several months ago called Hulu. Upon first glance, I was amused and thought it was a cool concept, but didn't get sucked in. Until last night that is.

I was working late and desperately needed some background noise to offset all of the creepy sounds that I kept hearing all around the office. Since I was a tween, I've needed tv or music constantly in order to concentrate on anything that I'm working on. Since I didn't have access to a tv and I had grown tired of listening to my iTunes library for now, I needed another alternative and quickly! And then I remembered Hulu.

And so off I went searching for something to "watch" while I worked. And I was soon transported to entertainment mecca. After wasting 10 minutes searching through their extensive library of full length films and tv episodes, I finally found a little piece of nostalgia to get me through the evening. And it's name was St. Elmo's Fire. I love that movie!!!

Thankfully, I only flipped over to "watch" a few minutes here and there and I successfully got lots of work done. Thank you Hulu! I just hope that now I can only call on you in such desperate times as those last night. Oh, who are we kidding? I'll see you later dear.

5 comments:

Reillybug said...

Gee thanks :) Another thing to distract me :).... Oh and thank Angel for me too...

Brandy said...

I'm with connordog...yet another thing to keep me tied to the computer. Hubs should love that.

Angela said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! {{Evil laughter continues}}

Don't say I didn't warn ya!

Over the summer, hubby was gone for a whole week to some conferencce. I swear I lost half my brain cells that single week, as I mindlessly watched endless episodes of I Dream of Jeannie and Airwolf (yes, really) and Fantasy Island and...I'm sure (quite sure!) there were more...

It's a true addiction. I'm off it...temporarily...but only because I have been short on time recently and can barely find time to email, let alone blog, let alone watch anything, LOL!

Shannon said...

Oh, crap.

You warned me to stay away from this post...

Did I listen??!!?!?!

Um... no. I didn't. So I guess it's really my fault...

Michelle said...

Oh, I love Hulu. Except that I can't watch anything now because it requires Flash10. I'm surprised you can access stuff like that at work. Our firewall is strong enough that we well let's just say that I get a lot of accidental "policy access denied" messages....

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs