Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dentistry Drama

As we've already discussed earlier this year, I'm not a big fan of the dentist. I broke a tooth 2 months ago and as a result, I have visited my dentist 5 times this year. This past Tuesday was my final visit for this particular issue. I finally have my permanent crown in my mouth and a big empty wallet in my purse.

My dentist really annoyed me with this final visit. As I got out of car in front of his office, I noticed his gorgeous new black Lexus sport coupe. I'm sure my dental misfortune this year made the down payment on that little beauty.

As I sat in the chair, I got a lecture on how my temporary crown falling off at dinner last Friday night was going to create extra work for him. All I remember is hearing the words "gum surgery" and seeing the big Novocaine needles and I swear I blacked out. Ok, not really, but I wish I had. The yuckiness that ensued was very unpleasant. Apparently, he was taking out his frustration for not being able to leave for his 4th of July vacation yet, because he had to deal with me. Poor guy.

And then, to add insult to injury, he wanted to lecture me on my brushing habits. Seriously dude, just fix my tooth and let me go home to wallow in my misery already.

Thankfully, I was in & out in 30 minutes and I hope to not have to step back into that office for anything other than a normal cleaning for a VERY long time. I'm giving serious consideration to whittling some wooden teeth and keeping them by the bedside table...just in case of emergency.

7 comments:

Reillybug said...

I can sympathize! I hate the dentist. Although I have finally found one that doesn't annoy me and tries really hard not to hurt me.

It must be the year of the dental work. I've had my wisdom teeth out and 2 fillings replaced!

Angela said...

Amen Ladies. So far this year, and unfortunately the year is only half over, I've had one new crown done, a filling replaced, a veneer done to "repair" a crown he didn't quite extend far enough the first time, and a filling put in. ALL in ONE day. But I will have to say, I do love my dentist. He tries really hard not to hurt me and even having all that done was pretty painless. Not stressless, of course, but he's good at what he does.

And I guess I should be thankful to live where we can get good dental work done :-) But I know how you feel and I hope you have NO more dentist visits this year!

Rhea said...

Oh, ick. Dentist stories are rarely good. And, yes, I bet you did contribute to his shiny new Lexus. Maybe you should ask him to take you for a ride in it, since you're like part owner at least. hehe

Rhea said...

BTW, the music playing on your site is fun today! It got my legs moving and Annie was under my desk and hopped up surprised. hehe

Angie's Spot said...

Steph: This must be the year of dental work for everyone I know. It seems we all as a group are keeping these professionals in business.

Angela: I should be thankful that I can even afford to fix these stupid teeth. Maybe I'll work on that attitude tomorrow. :-)

Rhea: Glad you like today's tune! Duffy just makes me smile. And I'm liking your idea about him giving me a ride in that new car. Being part owner and all. LOL!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I despise the dentist. That smell in the office just makes me break into hives. There was even a time where I did not go for 14 years :-) But...when my kids were going...I was guilted into going back. Luckily I have been blessed with lovely teeth genes...because other than a little build up over those 14 years...my pearly whites were just fine.

Michelle said...

Ok, yay to you for mentioning dentist, as I was due on 6/19 and keep forgetting to call. Now I tried to look up my dentist and can't find the #!

Totally sucks on the crown. My mom had similar issues but hers lasted faaaar longer. Fingers crossed that you don't have to go there again ANYtime soon! And shame on the dentist for his yuckiness. I wouldn't deal well with that!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs