Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Day After Christmas


How I can possibly sum up yesterday? There are so many words. I'm simply STUNNED by the ups and downs that I experienced, so let's review a few, shall we?

1. I was featured on SITS and was completely dumb-founded by the response I got here at the spot. At last count, I had well over 300 visits and well over 200 comments. AMAZING.

2. After dragging my kids down to my local cable/internet provider, retrieving my new modem and then spending an hour on the phone with tech support, I realized 2 things. First, they hire snide know-it-alls to work the tech support desk who probably love nothing better than to mess with the heads of highly agitated moms who simply want to be back online checking their blogs for precious comments as opposed to dealing with the snotty attitudes of wannabe smart-mouthed geeks. Secondly, mother nature apparently hates the cable/internet provider as much as I do.

3. Hubby was so impressed at my site numbers yesterday that he threw me quite a compliment. He again asked when I'm going to start writing my book. And folks, I'm giving it serious consideration. Again. Until tomorrow, when I dismiss that silly notion. Again.

4. I am back online, however, I was very dismayed to discover that the weekend storms took out my router and my desktop pc's network card. Sounds to me like mother nature better get a second job to pay me back for all the cheddar I have to dole out to fix this mess.

5. I finally had to bite the bullet and make the decision to remove our dog Chloe from our house. It's a long story, that you guys will no doubt hear about tomorrow. Lots of tears are coming, so be prepared.

6. I read a book. I know this seems ridiculous, but I haven't read a book cover to cover (in 2 days no less) in almost a year. I'm really trying to reignite my love of reading and this was the 1 side-effect of having no internet for 48 hours that was great.

And so, that was my day in a very small nutshell. I'm going to spend today catching up on the many blogs that I follow, beginning to respond to the MASSIVE amounts of comment love that I received, and get some of my "real work" (translation: work I'm actually paid for) done.

Have I mentioned how much I love you guys? Seriously. Not in that creepy, weird way, but in that sisterly way. You guys are the best.

26 comments:

Rhea said...

I'm so glad you were showered in Comment LOVE!! That's an awesome about of hits and comments. I'm super envious!

I'm sorry to hear about your dog...

but awesome that you read a book!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Happy first - congrats on your day in the sun. Isn't it glorious?! Imagine that times 10 and that must be PWs days. Actually...I can't imagine that. :-)

AND...what book did you read?! I can't believe you bragged about reading a book - and then didn't dish on what it was!
Cause somehow I just know you knew I'd ask...

I am so sorry about Chloe. I know how hard of a decision it must be.

Shannon said...

Yay for your SITS day!

Sorry to hear about Chloe :(

I, too, am curious to know what book you read... I'm about halfway through New Moon (book 2 of the Twilight series)... I just found these and am hoping to get this one and book 3 read by next week, when the 4th and final book comes out! I am on a mission!

Camille said...

I am a little slow on the SITS bandwagon this week- but I love your blog & the way you write. We too are contemplating finding a better home for our dog- I can't wait to read the story behind your own pet dilemna.

Nik said...

Oh no - I'm sorry to hear things are amiss with your dog. It's never easy when the furry animals get involved in our hearts.

DANGIT! I'm going to have to go somewhere else for my 'love in a weird way'.

Glad you're back up and running!

Tiffany said...

Yeah for Angie! You deserved every single comment. Start writing that book!

Anonymous said...

Comments love is faboo. And mother nature must have wanted to give you a bit more love by having you log in and get it all at once rather than constantly checking. :)

What book did you read? I am a book-a-holic and dieing to know...

Mar said...

Wow, that is a lot of hits! I hope they keep reading :)

So, please tell what book was it?

Sorry to hear about Chloe, i've been there with my cat Casey. It's never easy. Hang in there!

Angela said...

Yes yes, what book!? Was it one of the Plums? I am so dying for you to get sucked into that series. I need company, LOL!

And so glad you enjoyed your SITS day!

MB said...

YAY for your feature yesterday Angie! I was non-existent yesterday - you may have seen my nose peering up over the laundry piles from our weekend away. You deserve the comment love!! Sorry about Chloe :(

I'm all for reading books cover to cover that don't involve puppets, blue dogs, uniqua or Benny & Penny Nicklepickle. Do tell!

MB said...

YAY for your feature yesterday Angie! I was non-existent yesterday - you may have seen my nose peering up over the laundry piles from our weekend away. You deserve the comment love!! Sorry about Chloe :(

I'm all for reading books cover to cover that don't involve puppets, blue dogs, uniqua or Benny & Penny Nicklepickle. Do tell!

Unknown said...

I have no desire to know what book you read.

Unknown said...

Okay - the above comment is totally not true, but everyone was saying they wanted to know what you were reading and perhaps you've noticed that I don't always follow the crowd exactly correctly.

Jennifer said...

i hate dealing w/ tech support... sorry you were in my boat... but i'm glad i'm not the only one that feels they annoy you on purpose. lol i just get even by letting the kids wine and cry and be loud in the same room i'm calling from. ha ha suckers!! lol

i'm glad you are back online... isn't it nice to have that "forced" break though... I know i get so much done around the house and all... but i miss it. :)

anyway... 200 hits... wowzer!! :) I have to go check out that site... not sure I've been there. gotta see what is going on.

have a great day!!
thanks for letting me add you to my friends blog roll!!

xoxoxoxox

thotlady said...

Congrats on the feature. Love those comments.

Ronnica said...

You had the exact same problem I had! Lightning took out our modem and my ethernet card, but not the router that was between them, oddly.

I usually read in bits, but lately I've been reading in chunks and loving it! I love getting caught up in a story!

absurdly yours said...

Enjoyed your blog....Sisters by Danielle Steele is another great read in 2 days.

The Red Headed Mama said...

Another SITS girl here :)

Cable/Internet companies suck! (Was it TWC by chance?)

Sounds like you had a crazy day!

Kelly said...

I'm glad you had such a great response! The posts you chose were great!

Michelle said...

Congrats again on the feature, Angie! Good posts to choose!

Bummer on the router and PC card and modem. And boo to the snotty attituded tech support.

And I SOOO want to know about the book you want to be writing. Why wouldn't you do it? What's stopping you?

Coach B. said...

What happened to the dog? It had better be something truly tramatic or I'm going to pinch you.

Jules said...

Oh Angie! Yay for you being on SITS! And the book.(what book was it by the way? And the Monday eye candy. And for being online! And for the visit. Okay, I'm done now.......

Ashley. Unscripted... said...

I missed your day yesterday, but I'm here today. Can't wait to check things out.

Heather said...

We love you too!!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Girl don't ya just LOVE that provider!! Don't worry, it won't be too much longer!

Sorry about Chloe, you know I've been there.

Great job with SITS and my, my, all those new readers!

Lula! said...

I love you, too, Angie. And yes...I'm gonna ask. What was the book? I'm hoping it was Twilight, 'cause you know...I kinda adore that novel and all.

Write your book--I wanna read it.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs