Sunday, July 27, 2008

Don't Mess with Mother Nature

Yesterday I talked about how much I enjoyed the movie "Atonement" and how I was going to spend the day "atoning" for anything in my life that needed some attention. Well, apparently, using the internet too much was on the list (much to my chagrin). We had a pretty nasty storm blow through here yesterday afternoon and it fried my modem. So, no web access at my house now! I'm over at the 'rents house letting them babysit while I steal a few moments to prepare for my big SITS debut tomorrow. Yep, it figures that the weekend before my big debut, my link to the bloggy world disintegrates.

Anyway, I took advantage of the misery free time last night and this morning to get some much needed cleaning done around my house. It also gave me the opportunity to see 2 more movies. (Netflix is going to lose money on me this month)

I can highly recommend "Enchanted", especially if you love Patrick Dempsey. I don't know anyone like that. And can I just say that Amy Adams is great! I saw her in "Junebug" a couple of months ago and she was great in that also.

I also finally saw "Brokeback Mountain". Hubby flat out refused to watch that one, so I flew solo. That was a great movie. I was very hesitant to watch it because of the subject matter, but I'm so glad I looked past it. It was a very sad love story that goes far beyond the controversy of homosexuality. And for anyone who appreciates really great cinematography, the scenic shots in this movie are breathtaking. And so is Jake Gyllenhaal.

And so, I've decided to launch a new weekly (I hope) segment at the spot called "Spot's Sunday Entertainment Roundup". Since I am a connoisseur of all things entertainment related, I'll be reviewing movies, music, books and t.v. here each Sunday. So, if there's something entertainment related out there that you're looking for a review of, email me and I'll see what I can pull together for you.

Now, I must take my leave of you. Sounds like the girls are about to put the 'rents into an early grave. Not good. If I can sneak back over here later tonight to check in, I will, otherwise, come back and see me tomorrow for Monday Morning Eye Candy: The SITS edition and for more of my witty repartee! Ciao!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness how much do I love Enchanted? I finally got to watch it with Mr. B the other day and that was a dream come true.

Angela said...

I LOVED Enchanted. It was adorable. Both lead actors were great!

SO sorry about your modem. Oh man, how fast can you get that fixed?

Rhea said...

Tomorrow's your SITS day?! Oh, man, I can't tell you how jealous I am!! I can't wait for my big day in the sun. I have no idea how far away it is either...

Enjoy your big day! You're going to have lots of wonderful comment love!!

Michelle said...

Congrats on your feature. I can't wait to see which posts you chose. And I can't WAIT for mine ;) I only hate you a little for being featured... really!

Bummer about the modem getting fried. Here's hoping you get a new one soon!

How are those pushups going?

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I loved Enchanted. Amy Adams was just so perfect. I love how she made clothes from the drapes. Too funny. And I am glad that I am no longer the only person to have seen "Brokeback." It was really good - but oh so depressing. But with breathtaking scenery.

What's next in your netflix queue?

I have "The Namesake" right now. I haven't watched it yet. LOVED the book. If you haven't read it - do that- then watch the movie. And let me know what you think.

Shannon said...

My mom and I took the girls to see Enchanted ...very cute movie. And I have seen Brokeback Mountain. I thought it was a good story.


I am looking forward your big day tomorrow! :)

Kelly said...

I'm joining the bandwagon and saying congrats on your SITS day a day early...Enjoy your popularity!!

Anonymous said...

That sucks about your modem, sounds to me like you have the type of TIMING I would have;) LOL

I want to see Brokeback Mountain, but I'll have to fly solo, like you, if I watch that too, the ol' man refuses to watch it!!

Reillybug said...

Haven't seen Enchanted, or Atonement yet, but I did see Brokeback. Alone. Well - Hubby saw it on a plane - sort of. He woke up during the tent scene and promptly went back to sleep :)

I am glad I saw it, as disturbing as parts of it were.

Breanne said...

Congrats on The SITS!!

My daughter and I love enchanted. Have not seen the others. I do want to see Atonement.

Vixen of Vixensden.com said...

My husband refused to see Brokeback Mountain also, so I haven't seen it yet. But I love great cinematography so may be I will stop shying away from it (for the same reasons you stated) and give it a little look see.

Vixen
http://vixensden.com

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs