Sunday, July 20, 2008

An Amusing Weekend

Having a toddler and a preschooler has its perks. There is NEVER a dull moment and frequently, those moments are just friggin' hilarious! Here's a couple of musings from this weekend.

I spent the better part of the day yesterday, scrapbooking at my friend Lisa's house. (Thanks again for a great time Lisa!) On my way home, I called hubby to get dinner plans resolved. He sounded perturbed and informed me that he was in the middle of cleaning up poop. Apparently, it was all over the bed and floor of Little A's room. And it wasn't the gross smeared variety, it was "rabbit pellets", as hubby referred to it. Now, here's the funny part. Apparently, when Little A awoke from her afternoon siesta, she had a pull-up full of yuck and decided that she didn't like it. So, she removed her pull-up, emptied it, and then PUT IT BACK ON. I was almost in tears from laughing so hard. I had to give her credit. She identified the problem and resolved it to the best of her ability. That's my girl!

Big A is obsessed with the size of houses. We live in a small house and it works fine for us, but Big A has begun to notice that not everyone lives in the same size house. We were on our way to a friend's house for a playdate, when we turned down a street in their subdivision. As we turned the corner, a very large house came into our view and Big A said, "Is that the library?" I had to laugh because the overly ornate outdoor decor of the home lent itself to the look of a library in a major metropolitan area, which is not at all where we live. I explained that it was someone's home, but Big A reiterated that it still looked like a library to her. Sounds good to me.

8 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

that is too funny! After my son woke up from his nap one day he had taken off his diaper and rubbed poo all over his toys in his bedroom...I cried the whole time I cleaned it up!

Michelle said...

I love it! Problem solving at its best. I've had Little Miss do that where she's removed her diaper at a critical moment and then tried to put it back on. That was when we started taping them on. Knock on wood, we're past that now!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Those big libraries are all that's being built around here. And they sell. It's so interesting that a subdivision full of $800,000 houses will fill...but trying to sell a midlevel house...not so much.

Rhea said...

We have lots of big libraries around here also (not me though).

Ick about the poop.

Fun to spend the day scrapbooking though!

Angela said...

LOL I'm sorry, I'm ROTFLMAO. What a creative solution she came up with! TOo funny. And yeah, my boss's kids have taken to telling him they want a bigger house. He's like, um. Yeah!

Lisa K said...

Super poop story!
So true and comical observation about that house, except it is uglier than any library that I have seen; and I am from Detroit.

Buttons and Dots Photography said...

kids are so funny! my blog is named "never a dull moment" so I get what you are saying!

MB said...

your LittleA can get with my LittleOne (2½) who has done the poop thing 4 times on me now. It's so fun cleaning poop out of stuffed animals *gag* She's outgrown it (knocking any wood I can find), but man it's gross.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs