Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Ten Pin Shuffle

**Can I just say that I hate the formatting in blogger. I've tried to fix the spacing on this entry for 30 minutes now and the only thing I've done successfully is raise my blood pressure. Sorry the spacing is so messed up!
We are entertaining family from out of town this weekend. Hubby's Dad and nephew came into town and we've been having a ball visiting. The girls love their "Pappy" and he loves them right back. They get to see him a few times a year, so each visit is quite special. We decided to take everyone for a spirited round of bowling. Little did we know that we were all going to have way more fun than we could have imagined! This was the girls first visit ever to the bowling alley and they were ready to take on the lanes.

Big A, Nephew, & Little A - Supervising the ball return
Daddy assists Little A in lining up the perfect shot

Little A watches the ball head down the lane to knock down 9 pins. Wahoo!


Nephew strikes a pose. A tae-kwon-do pose it seems.


Big A is adamant about babysitting the ball return. I don't know where this Type A behavior comes from. Ahem.


The bowling alley all of sudden turned on their cosmic lightshow in the middle of our game. It also came with the typical party reception music, such as The Chicken Dance and the always popular, YMCA. Please enjoy Big A's quick rendition of YMCA.


The scores for the first game were pretty darn good.
Little A = 117
Big A = 123
Nephew = 99
Me = 136
Hubby = 156
Pappy = 175 (a big come from behind considering his first shot of the day was a gutter ball)
The second game wasn't finished by everyone because we ran short on time, but I would like to point out that I did get to finish my game and I scored a rather impressive 222. Six strikes in a row baby! I kicked those boys tails and loved it! Seriously though, we all had an AWESOME time and can't wait to return. Actually, Big A informed me that she now wants to have a Backyardigans themed bowling party for her bday in October. Gee whiz, if the venue changes 1 more time, I'm giving up and having this party in our backyard.

13 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love bowling with the kids. Mostly because we'll get the blow up gutters :-) Makes for a great score. But we haven't gone in forever. I love that the girls had a great time!

Angela said...

Oh my gosh. I cannot believe how grown up Big A looks! Look at that POSE as she's got her little foot out, waiting for the ball return to do its thing. That is too funny! I can't believe how fast they're growing up! And very cute YMCA dancing with Daddy!

Mar said...

Thanks for the great idea! I am going to have to take the girls bowling very soon since the dad's on holidays!

I totally hear ya on the blogger formatting issue. Used to drive me absolutely bonkers!

Rhea said...

You go, girl, six strikes in a row! Way to kick some butt!

Looks like you guys had a blast. I love all the p hotos. Bowling is so much fun, whether or not you stink at it or are awesome. hehe

Sweetie Pieties said...

Glad you had fun at the bowling alley. Great idea for something to do on such a rainy Chattanooga day. We haven't done this with the little one, but will need to venture out. I hear you on the formatting issues. It's frustrated me many a time as well. Love the pics!

Unknown said...

sorry... i am too distracted listening to hootie.... love your choice of music...

Kelly said...

Hi thanks for stopping by my blog and being one of the first commentors. Good advice also...I have to make sure I remember!!!
My kids love to go bowling (with Grandma). Mommy doesn't go...something about stolen bowling shoes and loosing at a special olympics service event...bad memories (Read: I am a horrible bowler!!!)

Angie's Spot said...

Kat: We considered getting the gutter guards, but decided against it so the adults could be slightly competitive. (Read as, the boys thought they would kick my butt, so I schooled them)

Angela: She is so excited about coming to your place for swimming next month that she can hardly stand it. Wait until you see her in person!

Marianne: We'll definitely go back soon. It was so much fun! And yes, this blogger formatting crap is working my very last nerve. Argghh!

Rhea: Thanks! I was pretty darn proud of myself. I love bowling. I'm actually thinking of joining a league in the Fall.

Eleanor: Thanks! This was definitely a great indoor activity. And not too expensive, which is nice. :-)

Tressa: You crack me up! I heart Hootie too!

Kelly: Welcome! If it makes you feel any better, that 222 was a total fluke. I haven't bowled that well since college, which was a long time ago. :-)

Jane In The Jungle said...

Thank you for the video! It's been a huge hit today at the house with She-No. The boys are jealous and of course now it's "when can we go"!

Angie's Spot said...

Jane, I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the video! I thought it was a riot. I highly recommend the bowling. Remind me to tell you about the deal that we got when I see you tomorrow. ;-)

Lula! said...

I'm not going to even tell you about the only time I ever bowled. 'Cause my score was a 23. And that's just embarrassing.

Michelle said...

Ok, I feel like such a weenie. Your little ones just outscored my high score ever -- and on their first try, no less! Way cool... and I love that their grandfather does stuff with you even though he sees them rarely. No comments on my in-laws.

Shannon said...

Looks like you guys had fun! The girls like to bowl... but we've never been there for the Cosmic Bowling.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs