Thursday, July 24, 2008

Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii

Ok, ENOUGH with the ridiculous baby names!!! I came across an article this morning about a little girl in New Zealand who apparently has parents who have nothing better to do than wreak havoc on the happiness of their child. They actually named their child "Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii". The 9-year old little girl is so scarred by the teasing from others that she asks people to call her "K". A family court judge has finally stepped in to fix the situation. You can read all about it in the article.

I know that odd baby names is nothing new and "odd" is in the eye of the beholder. However, I think with celebrities these days getting such huge press for names like "Apple", "Banjo", "Kal-El" & "Pilot Inspektor", the rest of us apparently are feeling the pressure to one up these people.

And I thought my mom was crazy for wanting to name me Myrtle Agnes. (She didn't by the way). I guess I'm just lucky that she didn't name me "Flapjacks" and my brother "Homefries".

7 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

There is a country - Norway perhaps - that has a name court. It is against the law to name your child something outlandish. What do you think is the craziest celebrity baby name? There are some that are truly bizarre - like Pilot Inspektor. But I think Bob Geldof's daughter - "Fifi Trixibelle" is strange...and all of Frank Zappa's kids...very out there.

Angela said...

ROTFLMAO about flapjacks and homefries. {{{giggle}}}

And I just have to say I am SOOO glad to see Myrtle Agnes make her official debut on the blog!! LOL!

(sorry everyone, it's a very long running inside joke :-)

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Folks should remember that if they want to name their pet Talulah Does the Hula, that's OK, but to saddle a KID with a name like that...or like Apple, or Sunday, or Moon Unit....c'mon folks, be for real!

Shannon said...

With celebs, you have to wonder what they are thinking. As if their kid isnt going to get enough attention just by having famous parents!

MB said...

Do you know Poppy Montgomery from Without a Trace? All of her sisters have flower names and her brothers name is Jethro Tull. That's just mean.

My brother wanted me to be named George and when my Mom suggested I might be a girl, he decided I should be Georgie Girl. I'm glad they decided on Mary Beth instead!

Mrs4444 said...

I once had an emotionally disturbed student whose middle name was "Trouble," and I am not kidding. Robert Trouble Taylor. No surprises there....

Mozi Esme said...

That name is truly sad. Makes me sorry for giving my mom a hard time for naming me "Jane" - what a plain name . . .

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs