Friday, October 10, 2008

A Week of Firsts: The Fx4 Edition

This week was very exciting here, as we had a couple of firsts with Big A. On Tuesday, she had her first "Stay Day" at school, which meant she got to pack her lunch and stay with the big kids until I came to pick her up in the afternoon. (She normally comes home at lunchtime with Little A) Big A had been looking forward to this for a while and I swear, she grew up at least a year in the 2 extra hours that she stayed at school!
The second big event this week was her first trip to the dentist. Her dentist rocks! The staff was WAY cool and super nice and they suggested that I stay out in the waiting room until she got settled. She had a few tears, but she was a champ! Here she is showing off her pretty teeth.
And I must point out that this dentist is a pediatric dentist, which I'm now convinced makes him especially qualified to pick out appropriate goody bags and toys to send his patients home with. According to Big A, he hit it out of the park. This pic shows her new Dora toothbrush and the goody bag full of traditional dental goodies, such as toothpaste and floss, as well as 3 small toys that she's really been enjoying. Oh, and not pictured is the Winnie the Pooh mylar balloon that hasn't left her hand in the last 24 hours. Way to go Dr. B, way to go.

For more Fx4 fun this week, please check out Candid Carrie, who is the best gal I know!

19 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to go Big A! Glad her 1st visit to Dr. B went well :)

CrystalChick said...

Wow! I want to go to your dentist too.
Way to go, Big A. :)

Unknown said...

SOunds like a great first experience!!!

Rhea said...

I'm so glad the dentist visit went well. That's such a relief! Pediatric dentists really are well prepared for kids. Ours had TVs in the ceilings for kids to watch TV, fun waiting rooms, awesome goodie bags and so forth. Totally worth it for a smooth visit.

Sunshine said...

Geez, I want to go to her dentist now! ;D

Great pics!

Susie said...

You have to love a good kid's dentist!! They can make or break the visit.

Lula! said...

She makes me want to go to the dentist. 'Cept I'm not nearly as cute as she.

Mama Dawg said...

Makes me wish my dentist offered goodie bags to me!

Michelle said...

I think even adults should get goodie bags or at least a balloon. I dread the dentist!

Nik said...

YAY Big A!! What a great week of firsts.

More dentists need to make those first visits special. I think after they have been in practice for a while (including some of the pediatric ones I've been to) lose that "make it cool" factor.

CONGRATS

Outnumbered2to1 said...

My kids go to a ped. dentist too and actually BEG me to take them.

a.men said...

It is always nice when they have a good experience with the dentist! She is cute!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I also think that a Pediatric Dentist is the bomb...mine gives out books and I love books! :)

Michelle said...

Awww, so sweet that she gets to stay until the end of the day. I can only imagine the joy my wee ones would feel if they had that opportunity!

Great news that the dentist appointment went well for her. The wee ones have been going for awhile (in fact Little Miss asked tonight when she got to go to the dentist again!), and ours is great, as well. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Kelly said...

Yeah! glad to hear her first dental trip was a good one...there are so many people out there that HATE the dentist!!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Our dentist here is L A M E... we don't have a choice though... welcome to socialized med. (at least it is free even if she is LAME)

Angela said...

Glad it went well! I remember loving the dentist...until I had to get a filling. After that...not so much! (Though I still love to get my teeth cleaned. Just nothing else!)

Anonymous said...

Good to go big A and it is very good that the doctors visit was really good and it was nice going through this blog and do keep enjoying

Anonymous said...

Hey this is really good news that the doctor’s visit was very good for her and thanks for sharing this lovely information with us all

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs