Sunday, October 26, 2008

Spot's Sunday Entertainment Roundup

Sorry for the hiatus last week. Now that life has returned to "normal" around here, I can get back to all things entertainment. So let's dish.

The Movie Roundup

The Queen - I had been wanting to see this flick for a while. In my continuing obsession of all things British, I had great interest in getting some perspective on what the Queen is like and how she handled the whole death of Diana situation. Helen Mirren proves yet again why she is one amazing actress. It's an interesting film if you like historically based pieces.

Wal-Mart: The High Cost of the Low Price - People have been begging me for years to stop shopping at Wal-Mart and I've used at least a dozen excuses as to why I can't. After seeing this documentary, I can honestly say, that my trip there last week was the last. Ever.

The T.V. Roundup

Iconoclasts - Can I just say AGAIN how much I love having digital cable? This show appears on the Sundance Channel. It's an informal interview show where 2 celebrities talk with each other and attempt to break down the stereotypes that surround them in the media. It sounds cliche, but it's a good show. And sometimes the guests are outstanding! Just this week, guests have included Stella McCartney and Desmond Tutu.

Criminal Minds - I think I only know 1 person (besides hubby & I) that watch this show. I've been watching it since day 1 and LOVE IT. It stars Thomas Gibson (aka Greg from Dharma & Greg) who is super cute. The stories are well-written and it's psychological drama at it's finest. Meaning, you get the mind games and scare factor without the gore. I can't take the gore. Check it out on Wednesday nights on CBS.

The Book Roundup

Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield - I just started reading this and it's wonderful. It's a memoir about love and loss and music is at the heart of it. This was another book recommended by my personal librarian, Kat. She's not led me astray yet.

5 comments:

Rhea said...

Nice roundup! I haven't seen or read anything you mentioned, so I'll have to write it all down and check it out...eventually. I like this feature, btw. Very nice.

Smoochiefrog said...

Make that 2 people girlfriend! Reed cracks me up!

Shannon said...

I haven't seen any of this, either.

And since the Publix opened up, I am happy to say I have not stepped one foot inside Walmart! ;)

Michelle said...

I'm still stuck on things getting back to normal ... there IS a normal? What does it look like? :)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I am so glad that you watched the Walmart movie. I cannot go in there. I had a lot of superficial issues before I saw this...and it truly sealed the deal on all the other really good reasons to not go there.

Love Helen Mirren. We got the Queen in netflix a while ago...

so, when are you going to do a Duggar spotlight? :-)

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs