Sunday, October 12, 2008

Spot's Sunday Entertainment Roundup

This week saw a limited amount of entertainment from the 3 outlets that I've been reviewing. So, let's get to it!

The Book Roundup
I didn't start anything new this week. I've committed to catching up on my blog reading and then I'll start a new novel.

The Movie Roundup
Hard Candy - My friend, Shannon, mentioned that she had seen this "interesting" flick while we were discussing the work of Patrick Wilson. So, I bumped it up on the Netflix queue immediately. This movie was NOTHING like what I was expecting. It's a psychological thriller about a teenage girl who meets an older guy online. She ends up at his house and that's where things go horribly wrong. For him. The subject matter is disturbing and there's a particularly horrible scene that I honestly thought would bother hubby more than me, but alas, I was wrong. (I'm still having nightmares about it) And the ending wasn't what I expected either. Anyway, I'm not sure that I would recommend this film, even though the acting overall was good. I would do more research if you think this is one that you want to see.

The T.V. Roundup
The Tudors - Ok, I now owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to Lula for, not only introducing me to Twilight, but insisting that I move this series to the top of my Netflix queue. I will never question your guidance again. I love this period of time in history and I love Brits. This series includes both of those (with their all Brit cast) and a healthy dose of HOT guys. I featured Henry Cavill on eye candy a few weeks back and he might make a resurgence very soon. Swoon! And I too think he would make the perfect Edward, but that's another post for another day. Sigh.

Private Practice - This is a spinoff from Grey's Anatomy that I kept missing last season. I've managed to see the first 2 episodes of the new season and I'm really enjoying it. Cute boys and I just love Kate Walsh. She's got the most gorgeous red hair I've ever seen. But I'm not jealous or anything.

And that wraps up this week's recap! I've been scrapbooking and working heavily with photo organization recently. But that's a whole other story that I won't bore you guys with. Enjoy your Sunday!

8 comments:

Angela said...

YaY! So glad you caught up on PP. I am still behind on Grey's and DHW myself, but I'm working on it. Hope to be back online in general this week since we have wireless back (how did we survive without that little miracle!?)

Michelle said...

The Tudors may be one I need to catch someday since I am also enamored of British history (Sharon Kay Penman if you need a novel or five). And thanks for reminding me that I haven't watched my Grey's Anatomy yet this week!

Kelly said...

I love the Tudors!! Jonathan Rhys Meyers...YUM!!

Have you ever read Phillippa Gregory's novels? The Other Boleyn Girl, A Constant Princess, The Boleyn Inheritence, etc. All excellent books about this period!!

Anonymous said...

I may rent that movie just for the fun of it. I love psychological thrillers. :)

Speaking of, if you haven't already seen it, get Identity. It's got John Cusack (always a plus in my book) and is a really good one to mess with your mind...if you're into that sort of thing. :)

Shannon said...

I've got The Tudors on my queue...

Brandy said...

I know you didn't recommend it, but I added Hard Candy to my BB queue and I'm thinking of adding The Tudors.

Rhea said...

No books this week! Shame on you!

I'm glad you're getting caught up on blog reading though.

I keep meaning to watch The Tudors. I know I'd love it.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I love LOVE TUDORS...I'm so glad to find another follower! :) It's SITS mania...I better go and check it out!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs