Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, My Darling Girl

My Precious Girl,

It's unbelievable to me that just 4 short years ago today, I was lying in a hospital bed, staring at your perfect little face, and frightened of the fact that I was now your mommy. Despite the fact that I had waited so long to finally meet you, it seems like the moment came and went far too quickly.

Nobody can warn you of the immense joy and pain that surrounds the job of raising a child. You love milestones and curse them for leaving in the blink of an eye. You relish first words and are then annoyed when they repeat the ones you don't want to hear. You treasure hugs and sweet whispers of "I love you mommy" and weep at the thought of teen drama erasing those words from her memory.

There is no greater joy in my life than being your mom. Your sweet smile, your loving nature, & your generous spirit are just a few of the things that make you so incredibly special to this world and to me. Thank you for being you!

As we celebrate your 4th year today, I thank my lucky stars that you landed in our lives, to change it for so much better. Happy Birthday My Darling!
Love Always & Forever,

Mommy

14 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Big A!

Such a sweet smile...

Reillybug said...

A very Happy birhday to big A!

CrystalChick said...

OH what a sweetheart, then and now! Happy Birthday pretty girl.

Julie H said...

Happy Birthday to your cutie!

Lula! said...

Look at that sweet baby! And look at that sweet big girl! Beautiful!

Brandy said...

Happy 4th birthday! What a cutie!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Happy Birthday! Save me some cake!

Did you ever figure out what to do with the goodie bags?

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Michelle said...

Oh, wow! There are a LOT of October birthdays. Happy Birthday, Lovely Lady! She was an adorable baby -- and a gorgeous girl. Enjoy your cake!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday, Big A!! Wow, is it just the picture or was she a peanut when she was born?! What were her stats?

4 years goes by quickly doesn't it!!

Kori said...

Beautiful post. Remember to send your friends over to the Shindig.

Thanks for joining in on the fun.

Rhea said...

She's adorable! Happy 4th birthday!!

Cristin said...

Awwww... Happy Birthday Sweetie!

Nik said...

SHe is sooooo cute!! Happy Birthday!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs