Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Fall in the South is my favorite time of year. The weather can be a bit unpredictable (cold mornings and VERY hot afternoons), but there's nothing prettier. The changing leaves crown the surrounding mountains and it looks like the landscape melts right into the clouds. It's absolute heaven. Days like this make for a great trip to the pumpkin patch!
First, we must call in reinforcements. The pumpkin patch is better when shared with good friends.

Little A was having entirely too much fun on the hayride.

The big girls set off to find us some prime pumpkins. These things were HUGE!

Little A tried REALLY hard to lift one.


So many pumpkins, so little time.

Little A goes for the more traditional variety.


Big A chooses something a little more exotic. This pumpkin is actually blue.


The guys round up the kids so we can pay for our goodies and head home.

Big A was very excited to pick out our first Thanksgiving decoration.

Pause for a quick family photo

Back in the car for the beautiful ride home. Big A enjoys a fresh picked apple.

Little A catches some zzz's after a long and wonderful Fall outing

12 comments:

Shannon said...

The photo of Lil' A picking up the ginormous pumpkin is PRICELESS!!!!

All the pics are great! Looks like y'all had fun!

Nik said...

Oh my GOSH! That pic of Little A picking up that pumpkin....TOO CUTE!! You defniitely caught it at the right moment.

LOVE all the pics!

Angela said...

This looks like such a fun day! I am so sorry we could not join you guys. Good that we didn't plan it, as it turns out, with all that is going on here. But I am so glad you guys had a great time! Looks like a beautiful fall day!

Rhea said...

Aww, what a fun field trip! Great photos. I'm headed to a pumpkin patch today with my Remy's 1st grade class. Should be interesting! I'm bringing my camera, of course.

Unknown said...

I HAVE to find a pumpkin patch this weekend to take the girls to.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Great pictures of Burts. When we went I think we brought home the biggest pumpkin in the entire lot. And it was the first time I had ever seen white pumpkins. And I have never seen a blue pumpkin before.

CrystalChick said...

What great fun!!
I love all the pictures but especially the one of you and your family. :)

Michelle said...

Wow those are some HUGE pumpkins! Does anyone actually ever buy those? Or carve them? And blue pumpkins? I've seen white and green before, but never blue. How cool!

Kelly said...

Such great pictures...ALL.OF.THEM!! Wish it was a tad bit colder here so it would feel more fall-like!

Unknown said...

Oh I love all of the pumpkins! i am so jealous!

Lula! said...

Every blogger in the world has been to a pumpkin patch this year. Not us. Darnit.

Great pics, Angie!

Bylinda and James said...

Hey Angie, it's me Bylinda (and James) I've been blog stalking you for a while now. I was wondering where the pumpkin patch that you visited is located? BTW I really enjoy your blog. :)

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs