Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
Tonight, my 2 little goblins will be dressing up and embarking on their first "real" trick-or-treating adventure. Pics of that tomorrow. In the meantime, let's look at the adventures that they experienced as we brought Halloween festivities to their preschool.
No festival is complete without a petting zoo. The Alpaca was the hit of the day. It towered over the kids. Big A thought this chicken was a little more interesting. She really enjoyed picking it up and carrying it around. We've now dubbed her "The Chicken Whisperer".
Little A kept a watchful eye on the Alpaca.

The bunnies were also a big hit. Big A is convinced that she's going to hide one in her coat to bring home later.

Little A was a little less enthralled with the bunnies.

Next, was the pumpkin patch that the volunteers created. Kids love hay and pumpkins. Little A staked her claim next to the pumpkin she wanted to bring home.

Little A is cold, but excited nonetheless to have picked out her very special pumpkin.


Then, it was Big A's class who took their turn at the patch. They first listened to a story before they descended upon the gourds. This group was a little rougher with the pumpkins. much to the teachers chagrin.


Big A poses with "Ms. Pumpkin" and her chosen pumpkin to bring home.


The girls then hit the playground for some energy burning after a festive party full of tricks and treats. We all had a ball! This is probably my 2nd favorite activity that the girls' school does every year. My first favorite is the Milk & Cookies with Santa. Imagine that.

12 comments:

Brandy said...

Would that be because "Santa" enjoys the cookies so much?!

Love the pictures, especially the close up shot of Little A with her punkin. Too cute.

Unknown said...

Those are GREAT pictures!!! I love them!! They look so proud of their pumpkins!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Happy Halloween! We had a petting zoo at my youngest's daycare on Tuesday with an Alpaca, too! For a split second I thought we might be at the same one! ;)

Lula! said...

I love pictures of adorable little girls and adorable little pumpkins. This is what fall is all about.

Shannon said...

Hmmm, imagine that???

I'd go for a bunny over the chicken... {shiver} all fowl creeps me out.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

LOVE the Chicken whisperer. And that picture of Little A looking up at the Alpaca is fabulous. Maybe Big A can be trained as a goat whisperer as well and help out Shannon next time her house is invaded...

Unknown said...

I love the photos. They all looked like they were having heaps of fun !!!

Michelle said...

Wait wait wait... how is it 73 degrees here (and HOT) and you're wearing coats and gloves? South = colder since when?

I love that event... very fun! And milk and cookies with Santa sounds way cool. I wish we did that.

Kelly said...

Happy Halloween! I can't wait to see the pictures tomorrow.

What a great pumpkin festival...sound like the girls are in a wonderful school!

Rhea said...

My mom wants to raise Alpacas. I don't think I've ever seen one in person, but they look soo cool! I've decided I want one.

In fact, I think I want a farm...to raise chickens, alpaca, sheep, goats, etc. Yep. I do.

Great photos, love your adorable girls!

Jen said...

now that is a great way to spend Halloween.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

That seriously is really cool...we don't have anything half that cool where I live!

The pics of your kids are GORGEOUS!!!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs