Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Is That All There Is?

Oh, to have the complicated life of a 4 year old. As I said last week, Big A had a big birthday and it seemed like the celebration lasted for days and days. It seemed like no matter what we presented her with, she wanted something different. Something more. Good grief, the entitlement has already started. However, you'll have to come back tomorrow to see what it is she wanted that she ended up getting. In the meantime, here are a few pics of the celebration that I especially love.
Here she is getting her annual birthday flowers from Daddy. This is a tradition that I really love.
This girl loves to play dress up. She got a new purse and gloves that she's been wearing non-stop.
Here's the birthday cake that I made for her. See, I can actually bake something without burning it.
At her big party, she was surrounded by friends who gave her lots more princess dress up stuff. The house is now teeming with feather boas and tiaras.
And her friends look on as she examines a new Cinderella figurine set that she can't wait to tear into.
All in all, we had lots of fun and it was definitely a momentous birthday. However, with the opening of each present, she kept saying one thing over and over. "But it isn't the _____ that I wanted."

16 comments:

Shannon said...

Mmmm... got any of that cake left?

No? Darn.



And yes... the entitlement starts early. Even earlier with the second one!

Unknown said...

What a cutie... Glad she FINALLY got what she wanted!

Brandy said...

Flowers from Daddy...that is so sweet!

Unknown said...

I love the flowers from Daddy! That's sweet.

Lula! said...

Caroline's big party is Saturday...and I'm praying we get lots of "thanks!" "wow!" and "I like it!" when she opens her gifts. This morning I gave her a paper pumpkin and she was all, "Wooooooowwwww...it's mine?" I think that's a good sign.

Big A is ADORABLE. Y'all make pretty babies, girl.

Brandy said...

Check out my latest post...I've got a present for you!

Rhea said...

I love the flowers from Daddy idea. And look at that beautiful cake you didn't burn! Woohoo!

Glad she had a great birthday. What was the thing she really wanted? Did she end up getting it?

Julie H said...

I've been trying to narrow our Birthday's down so they aren't so big. Gets a tad bit expensive the older they get!

Jennifer said...

happy belated bday to your sweet girl.

the flowers from daddy are so sweet. i love that idea. :)

my kids, well mostly my girls want EVERY SINGLE THING THEY SEE ON TV. drives me crazy. lol

great pics.

xxoxoxooxoxx

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

You girl and my girl would get along famously! lol!

Michelle said...

Ohhhh gotta love the single-mindedness of children. And all the princessy EVERYthing that I see around little girls. And yeah... we had much of this for Little Miss's third birthday. I can't wait to see what it becomes as she gets older. Love the cake -- it looks yummy!

Heather said...

Awww...it looks like it was so much fun! Did she finally get what she really wanted? 'Cause my parents never got me the tiara I wanted and it's still a sore subject. I'm just sayin'.

CrystalChick said...

What lovely flowers from Daddy.
You saved me a big old piece of choco cake, right??
Looks like she had alot of fun!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Madalyn is going to a birthday party tomorrow for a friend of hers from school. And the invite comes with a request for no gifts - but to please bring canned goods to be donated.

So...I had to call the mom and get the scoop. And they have apparently been doing this for years. That their girls still get gifts from mom and dad. But for birthdays...she gets to pick the charity. One year they did dog food and acessories to be donated to a shelter. Another year it was toys to be donated to the children's shelter.

I love their tradition so very much. I wish I had thought of it. And started it from the beginning...

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

How did I get this far behind??

Kelly said...

Daddy giving birthday flowers?! What a great tradition!!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs