Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bicycle...bicycle...BICYCLE!

So, the big gift request for the birthday this year was a bicycle. Big A was ready to upgrade from her big wheel. After every gift that she opening at her celebrations, she continually reminded us that "it's not the bike that I really want". So, after her party last weekend, my father-in-law took her to the store and let her pick out her new bike.
Here she is, all smiles, with her new bike
So, we headed to a large empty parking lot, which provided the perfect training ground for a new rider. Daddy gives some instructions.
Little A happily took over the captain position of the big wheel
Daddy shows us the WRONG way to man the big wheel. At least he's wearing a helmet.
Big A rides around with her Pappy
Little A enjoys some time on the swings

This capped off the birthday celebrations for this year. No more birthday talk until next April. Now THAT'S something to celebrate!

13 comments:

Julie H said...

Love the daddy riding the big wheels!

Shannon said...

Your hubs is a nut!

Tell Big A I am lovin' the handlebar bling on her new big girl bike! ;)

When DP turned 6, we gave her a new (bigger) bike for her bday... LM will be 6 in February, so she wants to get a new bigger bike, too.

OMG! LM will be 6 in Feb!!!! That just blows my mind!!! How did she get to be almost 6?!??!???!!

Unknown said...

Soo cute! Love it. I am happy she got what she wanted!

Unknown said...

Ahhh - there is NOTHING like the freedom of a big girl bike!! Looks like she's enjoying it.

And you, my friend, are a commenting LUNATIC!!!!

Brandy said...

Your girls are adorable and I love the picture of your hubby on the big wheel!

Lula! said...

Your husband is rocking my world right now. For real.

Angela said...

Hey! Thanks for calling to check on me. We are on our way now to the vet with Tucky :-( I will update soon. meanwhile I am trying to go in for a full day at work tomorrow...wish me pain relief!

Love the pics of the bike debut!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad she got just what she wanted. what a gret Pappy!! :)

sure looks like you all had a blast with the new bike riding and swings and little A taking over the big wheels. :)

perfect bday.

we are done with bday's here for this year too... yay!! it is really something to celebrate... we get hit hard in Sept & October... we have our childrens and Bryan's and his dads and my BF and two nieces and a god-daughter and Bryan's step-mother-in-law.

okay enough rambling... sorry.

xoxoxo loved the pics.

Michelle said...

So umm was that bike planned or was that a worn down grandparent? :)

Very cute, and I'm impressed you held her off until 4. It won't work with Little A... Little Miss got her bike for her third birthday and had been begging for one ALL summer long. It looks like Big A is doing great on her bike. Have fun teaching her until it ummmmm gets cold?

Cristin said...

I need to invest in a Big Wheel.. we got a crappy trike at a yard sale and I ran it over...

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love your husband on the big wheel. That is so something that Michael would do!

We just bought Katie a new bike. And upgrading from a kids bike to an adult size...the price is not for the faint of heart. And Madalyn feels like it's massively unfair for her to get Katie's hand me down bike...she wants a new one too. Ugh!

Rhea said...

Awww! Those are great photos! I love the big wheel and the new bike. What a fun birthday celebration.

Kelly said...

I had a LONG birthday run also....looks like Big A got all her heart wished for!!!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs