Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sorority Found



I spent my entire adolescence at an all-girls school. No, not a detention center, but a private college prep school. But I digress. That experience really showed me that I really enjoy being surrounded by a circle of female friends and colleagues. After spending 6 years with some of these gals, we all went our separate ways to college.

Upon arriving at college, I was completely out of my element and found myself flocking quickly to Rush Week and a sorority that would give me the circle of female friends that I so needed. After being treated badly by one group and leaving another one in the dust, I finally accepted that I would probably no longer find another group of gals that I could really identify with feel "at home" talking to. Until I found SITS!

SITS is the brain child of the fabulous Tiffany & Heather, who are 2 of the coolest ladies I've never met. Well, never met in person. I've commented on their sites and they've commented here, and still, I feel like I can still count them in my circle of friends. I can also count Tressa, Jen, Michelle, Mary, & Lizzy among that group too, as I found them through SITS as well. I'm the lucky one!

And for any of you who have never visited SITS before, check them out today. You won't be sorry! We'll let you in the secret society too. And no candle ceremony or silly handshakes required.

23 comments:

Shannon said...

Woo hoo! You've got your post up... be sure to link it and get some comment love today!

Tiffany said...

Hey Angie,

I found you via Kat or Rhea (I think) and have been following (actually lurking) for quite some time. SITS rocks! Glad to see you made a post!

Michelle said...

Awww, you're so sweet! I love SITS, too... and I never did the sorority thing either. I forgot that I found you through SITS. Oops :) Didn't mean to not include you in my list!

Unknown said...

Was waiting for you post to show up! Hope you have a super duper bloggy loven day... Thank you for the Shout out! Now go shine shine shine... I gotta get my tail into bed... MUAH...Happy SITS day!

Mommyhood is Thankless said...

Thanks for stopping by, I must admit I am an Unashamed giveaway addict! I don't do any giveaways myself yet, but definitely stop by so you can benefit from my OCD need to list :P

Unknown said...

Aww - thanks for the shout out!!! You rock!!! I'm so glad I met you!

Krazy Armstrong K's! said...

Happy Blogathon day! :)

Natalie said...

hey, thanks for stopping by my place. it is very nice to meet you (sending virtual secret handshake your way)! i am so excited to have found SITS!

Lump said...

Happy SITS Blogathon! :) I'm loving all this reading!

Jen said...

Oh I am so flattered to be considered one of your friends. That is so true, we really do need other women in our lives to relate to.

Mom said...

Happy SITSathon!

Finding Normal said...

Happy SITS Day! Can I tell you I keep hearing about you everywhere? You must be hella popular, like the treasurer of the sorority! :)

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

So ture! This IS like a sorority!

Though, I think we'd have to rethink the greek letter shirts. People may look at it at first glance and read it as ZITS.

OK...maybe that's just me who'd done that. : )

Decor To Adore said...

Hi!
I am not doing a SITS post today as I am celebrating my 100th post. I would love it if you would please stop by and enter my giveaway.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Fun Blog!!!! Happy blogathon;)

Kori said...

Happy Blogathon Day from one SITSta to another!

Meaghan said...

Found you through SITS, the most fabulous group of ladies EVER! Love your blog and thank you SITS for making it possible to find great blogs like yours!

-Meaghan

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a great blogathon day (I guess it's night now!) Yaya for SITS!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I like your banner.

Happy Bloggython Day, SITSta! How fun is this? Woo hoo!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Yippee...the post got up! You sorority girls are always fashionably late. Must have been auditing the books?

CrystalChick said...

Thanks for the links and the nice post. I don't visit over at SITS nearly enough. Must stop by again very soon!!
Love your blog. Great pictures, stories, features! hug, M

lynn said...

Hope you enjoyed the blogathon. Sorry I'm coming by a day late! Love your blog, especially the monday morning eye candy!!

Rhea said...

Hey, ixnay on the secret handshakenay, ok?!! That's only for the SPECIAL members. lol

Just kidding

Nice SITS post.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs