After spending almost all of yesterday in bed with a horrible stomach virus, I'm just barely coherent today. So, pardon me if I seem a bit off today. Now, let's talk entertainment!
The Movie Roundup
1. Four Weddings & A Funeral - If you've never seen this classic, well, you're definitely missing out. Hugh Grant is magnificent in this flick. There are actually several wonderful performances here. I also enjoyed Simon Callow as the boisterous Gareth. I give this one 4 stars!
2. The Full Monty - Yes, it's another Brit film. As I told you here, I'm turning into a Brit. This one challenges your ability to understand what the actors are saying more than half the time, because the accents are VERY thick and they use a lot of Brit phrases that Americans aren't familiar with. However, it's hysterical! I give this one 4 stars also!
3. The Bourne Ultimatum - This is the 3rd installment in the Bourne series and it doesn't disappoint. Matt Damon is hot as Jason Bourne. And while there are a LOT of action sequences in these movies, I'm not bored by them. This is definitely a film that can appeal to both guys and gals.
The Book Roundup
1. I finished up both books that I mentioned last week. I recommend both of them, but be mindful that Tempted is not for everyone.
2. Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster - Since I'm now officially obsessed with Jen Lancaster's writing, I picked up her 3rd book this week. It's great also! And I can really relate to this one because it's the story of her attempts to lose weight. And a lot of it. Her writing style includes a lot of profanity, so if you're easily offended, I would bypass her books. However, the zingers that she and her husband throw out there are simply priceless! As my hubby will attest, I usually have tears of laughter streaming down my face almost every time I open up one of her books.
The T.V. Roundup
1. Big Love - I finished up Season 1 this week and started Season 2. (Thank you Netflix) This show is quickly growing on me. So much so, that I'm afraid of the withdrawal that I'll experience when I finish up season 2 this week and have to wait until January for season 3 to premier. It's just not fair. Oh, and hubby can consider this his notification that we will need to add the HBO package to our cable service beginning in January. Love you honey!
So, that wraps it up. I'm off to find something to eat that I can actually keep down. Hope your Sunday is wonderful! Oh, and a quick shout out to my wonderful hubby, as today is his birthday. Happy Birthday Honey!
Now That’s Love by Ree
1 day ago