Next Monday marks one of my very favorite days of every year. The First Day of Fall! This day marks the beginning of my absolute favorite time of year. I'm lucky to live in a part of the country where we actually have 4 seasons. Fall beats them all, hands down. And so, let's take a look at:
Thirteen Reasons That Angie Loves Fall
1. The weather finally migrates from a miserable hot & humid to a manageable cool & breezy.
2. Going to the apple orchard to pick apples and drink fresh apple cider.
3. Hayrides with the ones I love. There's nothing like the smell of straw and the hum of a tractor.
4. Getting lost in corn mazes. This city boasts several GREAT corn mazes within easy driving distance.
5. Fall festivals and craft fairs. This city has an enormous number of church bazaars, craft fairs and fall festivals celebrating everything from cornbread to an old mill. I love the South.
6. Traipsing through the pumpkin patch, looking for the perfect pumpkin. We discovered an AWESOME pumpkin patch in Georgia last year, that we will be returning to. The kids had a ball climbing on pumpkins bigger than them!
7. "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" Classic cartoon that my girls will watch every year from now on.
8. Jeans and sweaters...the staples of my wardrobe. I really need to move to a colder climate.
9. The gorgeous palate of colors that the trees produce. The verdant greens turn to rich reds, fiery oranges and buttery yellows.
10. Pumpkin Bread...all day, every day. This is the only time of year that I can get away with having pumpkin bread in the house. Hubby's not a fan and I don't think he cares for the smell. My girls are already big fans!
11. Harvest scented candles from Yankee Candle. This is the only scent of candle that I absolutely cannot live without. One whiff takes me to Fall every time. It smells divine!
12. Halloween candy in earnest. Again, the only time of year that I can get away with having candy in the house. Ok, maybe not really, but it sounded good anyway.
13. Rich food, college football and spending lots of time with the ones you love the most. Fall is the best!