I am a child of the computer age. I can remember sitting in my dad's office on the weekends and playing with the most basic AutoCad programs on the largest desktop pc EVER. I loved my Atari system and coveted the first Apple IIE that ever landed in my home. Computers have been an integral part of my life since early on.
As a result, it's no surprise to me that I ended up in a job that required me to be on a computer for long periods of time. And now that I have left that job, I still manage to necessitate hours each day on the computer while finding recipes, checking email, researching activities, blogging, checking email, shopping, checking email, working and oh yeah, checking email.
All of this time on the computer has given me pause to ponder what sites I visit on a regular basis. So, let's check out "THIRTEEN WEBSITES THAT ARE GRACED WITH ANGIE'S PRESENCE EACH DAY".
1. Gmail - And many other members of the Google family, including but not limited to, Google Reader, Google Images, Google Calendar, Google Maps, etc...
2. Perez Hilton - I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this one, but I'm trying to keep it real here. I'm a celebrity gossip nut and this site is a fave of mine. The ads are pretty annoying and some of the content is stupid, but every now and then, a real gem pops up.
3. Pogo - I'm not much of a video gamer, but this site gets traffic from me pretty often because I am officially addicted to their Bingo Luau. I'm just 2 steps away from one of those ladies that you see in the movies with 30 cards, 15 good luck charms and 6 different ink daubers trying to keep up with the caller. The good news here is that pogo is 100% free. Phew.
4. Netflix - To say that I manage my queue obsessively would be an understatement. Anytime I see a movie or t.v. show that I know I will not catch on first run, off I run to Netflix to save it for future viewing. And for anyone out there who has never tried Netflix, but would like a month's free trial, comment here or email me. I can hook you up.
5. Amazon - What did we do before Amazon existed? How did I live without constant suggestions based on my buying patterns? How did I function before the wishlist was a part of my life? Amazon is a gift...from the shopping gods.
6. MyPoints - This is an affiliate site that gateways to many of the mainstream shopping retailers that do online sales. You earn points based on your shopping and email reading habits and then earn giftcards to some great retailers! To date, I've earned g.c.'s to Old Navy twice and Barnes & Noble.
7. Disney - Since we are planning this big trip, I've been spending a lot of time at this site. Thanks to my readers though, I was informed about a few other "can't miss" sites also. And they are: Disboards, MouseSavers, and AllEars. Despite my entry on Tuesday, I'm really very excited about our trip. I just wish I wasn't so obsessive about planning this trip to death.
8. PDGA - My hubby will probably be stunned to find out that I visit this site regularly. This is the Professional Disc Golf Association. My hubby is a pro disc golfer and it's a hobby that he's trying to drag me into, while I kick & scream. (I'm not an athletic gal and I don't enjoy the outdoors) For his bday this month, my gift to him was agreeing to play golf with him 1-2 times a week. I'm into week 2 so far and it's going ok. It's not quite as miserable as I expected it to be.
9. Scrap Your Trip - This online scrapbooking mecca is paradise to me. Anything travel (and then some) related that I could possibly dream up, can be found here. And they send out a bi-weekly email to apprise me of any new items that I possibly missed. Yippee!
10. FlyLady - This team of women are my heroes. I knew when I popped on their site and saw the tagline, that I was home. It says, "Are you suffering from CHAOS? Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome?" Yep, that's me alright. Flylady is slowly helping me recover from CHAOS and move into a semi-regular entertaining diva. Or, at the very least, someone who isn't mortified to have unannounced company show up.
11. CopyKat - This site is a GREAT recipe database, especially if you're looking to duplicate a recipe from a favorite restaurant. Just put in the restaurant's name or some keywords and voila, instant recipe. And many of the ones I have tried have come out pretty darn close if not spot on.
12. Australia - I know this is an obscure one, but there is a reason. My BFF & I are in the early stages of planning a BIG trip for our 20th high school reunion. (Which is a few years off) So far, Australia and New Zealand are on the itinerary, but we're also considering Japan on our adventure. Anyone with travel advice, I welcome your comments!
13. My blogroll homies - I currently track 63 blogs on Google Reader. And the number changes daily because I often remove and add blogs like the wind blows. So, if you're looking for a new read, check out my blogroll on the left side of the page. There's something for everyone there.
And there you have it, some insight into my internet habits. Hope you weren't too frightened. Tomorrow I'll be back on the Friday Foto Fiesta bandwagon, so come on back for a photo (or 2 or 10) from the archives.