It's been a very busy week around here. I'm surprised the t.v. is still functioning after the amount of activity that it's been subjected to this week. Let's recap, shall we?
The Book Roundup
I have nothing new to report here. Due to the sheer volume of season premieres on t.v. this week, I didn't make any headway on the 2 books I started. I'm planning to finish both of them this week and have a full report next week.
The Movie Roundup
Netflix delivered a movie this week, that I saw a few months ago and really enjoyed. It's called Definitely, Maybe and it stars the delicious Ryan Reynolds. It's a great romantic comedy and I might even talk hubby into watching it with me before I send it back. Two thumbs up!
The T.V. Roundup
I can promise no spoilers here for those who have DVR'd shows and not watched them yet. Here's a few of the highlights from my marathon viewing this past week.
1. Two & a Half Men is back and I absolutely LOVE this show. The writing is hilarious and the delivery from every actor on the series is spot on. I'm so glad it's back!
2. Boston Legal began their final season and I'm so delighted to see James Spader each week again.
3. Biggest Loser: Families continued the new season with more misery and challenges that brought the contestants and viewers to tears.
4. Criminal Minds returned to resolve the fierce cliffhanger from last season. Phew! This is a great psychological thriller show that usually does without the gore that CSI now favors. Yuck.
5. Lipstick Jungle is a show that I kind of got cozy with last season. I'm not broken up if I miss it, but I do try to catch it. They went in a direction that I wasn't expecting in the season premiere, so I might try to watch a little more fervently this season.
6. Survivor: Gabon is the 17th installment of this show. And I'm completely embarrassed to say that I have seen EVERY.SINGLE.SEASON. See, I told you I have a t.v. addiction. This new season looks pretty darn good. I already have a couple of contestants that I'm rooting against.
7. Grey's Anatomy is back and I am breathing a huge sigh of relief. I've watched since day 1 and I'm glad that the writing is finally moving back into the smart and sassy style that I fell in love with 3 seasons ago. Oh, and they added a new hunky doctor. That gets high marks in my book too.
And there you have it. I wish I could say that this was all of the t.v. that I watched this week, but it's nowhere close. I'm a rerun whore and am watching Cosby Show reruns as I write this. Fall t.v. season is in full swing and I love it. Fall is THE BEST!
Now That’s Love by Ree
1 day ago