Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Table Topics Tuesday: Work of Art

Photobucket

This week, Shannon asks...

what is your favorite work of art?

This is a tough one for me because honestly, I'm not an art connoisseur. However, I do have a favorite artist and his name is Claude Monet. I'm sure you've heard of him, ha ha.

Monet has several famous works of art, but my favorite piece is one called "Houses of Parliament". Yeah, big surprise, I know.


This particular piece is of a very famous landmark in London, which isn't the only reason that I love it. The colors are very appealing to me. I think it really captures the London that I picture in my mind. It's dark and overcast, but there are glimmers of light that open many avenues of possibility and excitement.

Do you have a favorite artist or work of art?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I have loads of favorites, Guernica by Picasso has had the most effect on me. I used to have a giant print of it hanging in my dining room until eventually it's haunting monotone colors and grief stricken theme drove me crazy and I had to take it down.

Unknown said...

Beautiful.... love the brush strokes in it too

Shannon said...

I should have known, LOL!

brainella said...

Impressionists are my favorite. Saw some amazing stuff at the National Gallery in London, though Pizzaro is my favorite artist. :)

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs