Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Love to Laugh

Dry wit & sarcasm are brands of humor that I appreciate tremendously.

Many years ago, I worked with a guy who had what many would call an air of pessimism about him. He rarely smiled and usually had a snarky remark about whatever the conversation at hand was about. I was one of the few people who really appreciated his wit and got to know what a great person he really was once you pulled back the layers of the onion exterior.

One of the funniest websites that he introduced me to was Despair.com. This site specializes in "de-motivational" posters; the opposite of those inspirational posters that you often see in offices everywhere. And I cry with laughter every time I check out this website. Here are a few of my favorites.



TRADITION: Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.



REGRET: It hurts to admit when you make mistakes - but when they're big enough, the pain only lasts a second.



PROCRASTINATION: Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.



PRIORITIES: Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so baffingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.



POSSIBILITIES: With focus, dedication, and steroids, men can achieve impossible dreams, like breaking a world record, or growing their own breasts.



WISHES: When you wish upon a star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteorite.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE these posters and have seen them before (most likely in an email from my smarta$$ sister). Our dad was very similar in nature to your friend, it seems, and would've loved these, too!

brainella said...

I got the despair.com Government coffee mug last year for Christmas from some friends. "If you think the problems we create are bad,
just wait until you see our solutions." Couldn't be more perfect if they tried... :)

Unknown said...

Those are SO great and so my kind of sense of humor. LOVE IT!!!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs