Another blogger bestowed this very sweet award to me a few weeks ago, and I'm incredibly embarrassed to admit that I can't remember who she was. (hangs head in shame) I mistakenly deleted her emailed comment and can't seem to find the comment she left me on one of my entries. So, to the very sweet blogger who gave me this award, please let me know so that I can give you a proper shout out! Thanks!
Now, with this award comes the responsibility of listing 10 things about me that you might not know. So, let's dive in, shall we?
1. I totaled my first car when I was 16 by making a left turn in front of a Cadillac. I was so upset by the event, that I asked my grandparents for a bus pass. I had no interest in driving after that and still don't particularly care for it.
2. When I was 18, I shared an apartment with a co-worker and we used to go the 24 hr grocery store in our pajamas and slippers ALL.THE. TIME. In the middle of the night. Which wasn't terribly unusual because we worked at a movie theater and often didn't home from work until 1am.
3. I can quote almost all of the dialogue from the movie The American President. It's kind of frightening. I big puffy heart that movie.
4. When I was about 11 yrs old, I was away at Girl Scout camp and had a horrible dream that something happened to my 2 cats. When I got home from camp, they had both disappeared and never came back. I was distraught.
5. If I had a ridiculous amount of expendable income and a huge house, I would have a large room that had a scrapbooking area, a nook for cross stitching, a sewing area and a pottery area. And I would hire a person to teach me how to sew, quilt, and throw pottery.
6. Someday, I would like to have enough property where I could own a horse. I love horseback riding!
7. I refuse to swim in lakes. Especially the ones that surround the area I live in. Yuck. And scary.
8. I love thrill rides. Especially roller coasters. The more loops and dips, the better!
9. For about a week, earlier this year, I was terrified that I might have cancer. My biggest worry was how it would affect my kids. Thankfully, everything is fine, but I get to go back in a year for another round of tests, which I'm not looking forward to.
10. I love to play the piano, but refuse to play in front of others. I have severe stage fright.
Now, I'm supposed to tag 10 others to do this, but the truth is that there are far more than 10 of you that I would love to know more about! So, if you're reading this, please consider yourself awarded and when you do this list, please let me know so I can come read all about it. Thanks!