Saturday, January 21, 2012

Broadway Baby

Timing is everything and I have to say that my timing wasn't exactly spot on with the opportunity to go see a Broadway show that I've been wanting to see for about 20 years.

A few months ago, my bestie told me about a traveling ensemble that would be performing Les Miserables about 90 minutes from our hometown. She & her hubby were all about going, so hubby & I decided to tag along and make it a fabulous double date! Tickets were purchased and we have been waiting patiently. And then I got shingles 5 days before the show.

It was touch & go in deciding whether or not to go ahead and risk being miserable for hours, out of town no less. A game time decision was made that I was going to suck it up and make the trip because when was I going to get another opportunity like this? And I'm so glad I sucked it up.

Despite the fact that I almost fell asleep twice during the 1st act (thanks a LOT, damn medication), I really enjoyed the show and thought the cast did an amazing job bringing life to the music and story. I reminisced about singing "Master of the House" as a teenager with my friend who first introduced me to this musical and imagined myself singing "I Dreamed a Dream" alone on a stage. It was awesome. A new memory that I'll not soon forget.

3 comments:

Craftcherry said...

That's wonderful that you got to go!! I've never seen Les Miserables, one day maybe. :o)

CaraBee said...

I love Les Mis. I fell in love singing it as a teenager with my stepmom and have seen it twice. I would go again in a heartbeat. So glad you were able to go!

Shannon said...

It was a great trip! So glad you were up for it. We need to double-date again soon!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs