Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Trim the Fat" Thursday


Welcome to "Trim the Fat" Thursday!

Kat sent me an email this week suggesting that I make this post a link-a-palooza event each week since there are so many of us on the weight loss wagon who could use some support. And frankly, after seeing this little ditty on Fail blog this week, it's no wonder that so many of us are falling off that wagon. (I'm the leader of the wagon jumpers, by the way)


I totally agree with Kat's suggestion and I'm here to offer up my results and encourage any of you who also want to blog a TTFT entry, to link it up here so we can come visit you and offer some words of encouragement! And without further ado, here's how I did this week.

1. I gained .6 lbs. GAH!! I'm sure massive banana splits (2 nights in a row) had nothing to do with this development.

2. I finally made it to my gym's Yoga class!! THANK YOU LISA!!

3. I took the kids bowling for an hour and I taught 2 music classes this week. If those aren't workouts, then I give up. No other gym workouts to report this week, sadly.

4. I did pretty well with my food journal. Definitely room for improvement.

5. Yeah, what was I thinking about the limiting sweets to every other day? FAIL.

So, this week, I'm trying to keep it real. Real simple.

1. Get in another yoga workout and 2 other gym workouts of some sort.
2. Keep working on the food journal.
3. Not obsess with the scale. Must get away from weighing myself every day.

So, how did you do? Link up!



6 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm still laughing over the FAIL picture. That's priceless.

Don't fret too much over the .6 gain. You know what you did, well, I don't want to say "wrong"... but you know what you could have done differently and will do so for this week... right? Keep it up!


And I'm linked!

Brandy said...

Aren't CVS stores great?!

.6 is SO, SO minimal...I think you did a great job! Keep up the good work!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

That picture. Ugh. I used to go to WW meetings. And there it was. Right next to Baskin Robbins.

And STOP weighing yourself daily. Have a once a week weigh in. Or even every other week. I challenge you to do this :-)

I am procrastinating the post...but I WILL have one up before the end of the day!

Jane In The Jungle said...

I'm up....and don't you love how Federal Bakery is right next to WW...I always look over as I'm walking in Federal, LOL!!

Michelle said...

Wow, that's a special picture. And ummm the only WW location I know of is next door to a Cold Stone Creamery. I'm wondering who has the evil mind -- WW putting their storefronts next to such tempting treats or the sweet shops trying to tempt WW people.

And try measuring yourself (waist, arms, thighs, neck, chest, etc) instead of focusing on the scale. I've also heard something about only weighing yourself once a week, but I'm not capable of doing that... which is why I didn't replace our scale when it broke :)

Good luck next week -- and how did you like the yoga?

Jen said...

I agree with Michelle. You should definitely measure yourself. You could easily have put on .6 pounds of muscle weight from your activities. Good luck this week!!

LOL at the FAIL pic!! Love those!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs