Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Trim the Fat" Thursday

Another week in review on the weight loss wagon! Here are the deets.

I did manage to keep up with the food journal pretty well. Sparkpeople is a pretty cool program, once you use it regularly. It's giving me some accountability and encouragement. Although, if I could redeem those "sparkpoints" for cool giftcards and such, I would be much more apt to log in all kinds of fab info. But I digress.

I let Jillian Michaels kick my rear around twice, but no treadmill runs or yoga poses. However, I found a whole other source of exercise that I didn't anticipate. As it turns out, I sweat almost as much with Jillian as I do when I teach a 45 minute music class to babies & parents. Go figure. I've done that 3 times in the last week.

And so, the results are in and I gained .6 lbs. Sigh. Next week will be better. (I'm feeling like a broken record here, but not losing my enthusiasm because I know I'm making progress even if the scale doesn't agree)

Goals for the upcoming week:
1. Keep up food journal
2. Lose 1 lb
3. Go to that beginner yoga class at the gym
4. Get in 2 other workouts of some kind
5. Limit sweets to every other day

So, how did you guys do this last week?

8 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Don't worry about the scale! It will catch up with all the great changes you are making :)

Brandy said...

Congrats on meeting so many of your goals!

My motivation is non-existent so I'm joining your TTFT crusade. I hope you don't mind.

Baba said...

Good morning Teresa, thanks for your visit to my place.. I need your encouragement to lose weight..I was doing great with my weight loss when I used to keep a food journal.After I quit writing it down, I ate like crazy!!!I need to join Spark people again..

I just had my second eye surgery yesterday for cataracts. My vision is a little blurry and I can't stay long on the computer..

I am going to tackle my weight issue and like myself better than I do right now!!!

Have a great day. Hugs, Baba

Jane In The Jungle said...

Lost 1, but I really would have thought I would have lost more this past month since half of the time I could only eat soup!!!!
Keep it up and yeah, that music class is gonna help so don't "sweat" it, LOL!!

Angela said...

definitely ignore the scale. Check how your clothes fit. When I started Jillian, I gained muscle big time. That means I actually lost more fat than just what the scale shows. So hang in there! I promise, her program works!!

Michelle said...

Nice job, Angie! And get out the tape and measure some spots -- thighs, neck, waist, arms, etc. Use that to help judge your progress, too.

Oh and I like your goals this week. Totally realistic and doable!

CaraBee said...

Sadly, when I hopped on the scale today, it told me I had gained two pounds this week. Not loving that.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I lost a pound this week. Much better than the .2 that I seem to consistently lose. I need to do a post about things that keep me motivated. And I think that they are all food related :-)

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs