Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Trim the Fat" Thursday

This is a great week for reporting! Let's review the goals I set last week and see how I did.

1. Join Sparkpeople: Check! This isn't the first time I've signed up for this program, but this time I'm actually going to use it. Thanks for staying on me Michelle! Mwah!

2. Work out 3 times: Well, yeah, I'm going to do much better with this next week. The good news is that I've been going out of my way to park further away from things, get more walking in and in general not be so sedentary. Baby steps people, baby steps.

3. Lose 2 lbs: Check!! Well, it was a loss of 1.8 lbs since last week, but hey, rounding up never hurt anyone, right?!

Goals for this week
1. Get in 2 runs on the treadmill
2. Get in 2 Jillian Michaels workouts
3. Try the yoga class at my gym
4. Lose 1-2 lbs
5. Keep up the online food journal

How did you guys fare this last week? I'm rooting for you!

6 comments:

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Hey, baby steps all add up!

Congrats on your loss! You're doing great:)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Parking far away is a great one. Not that I'll ever sign up for that :-) I went and swam laps for an hour on Tuesday...and I am planning to go again today. Now I just need to figure out how to work that in when the kids get back from camp.

I am still hanging in their with Weight Watchers. On week six...and doing not the baby steps but the eensie weensie baby steps. Man...weight was so much easier to lose 10 years ago. Why I got frustrated then I have no idea...

Reillybug said...

Congrats on the 2 lbs! I have not lost any weight according to the scale, but have had LOTS of people tell me how much weight I am losing. So I guess I am losing inches......

Angela said...

Awesome job!! For myself, I am still holding steady with my previous loss. Nothing new since I got sick several weeks ago, but with our intervening travels and junk food/alcohol consumption, I am perfectly pleased to just maintain. Back on the wagon tonight - goal of 2 workouts by Sunday night and then 3 more next week. For next week will probably alternate JM with running.

Keep up the good work! PS Email me as we have got to get our next get-together (how's that for a mouthful!) on the calendar. I can't believe it is already June. Da#$#d crazy time warp we live in these days. Where does it GO!?

Michelle said...

Oh good for you for signing up with Spark! Keep at it. Follow what they say. Enjoy it. Get comfortable with it. And go you!

As for your goals this week, wow that's a lot of exercise! Yoga is fun, but take it easy and make sure you do a good class where they walk you through how to get into all the poses and modify them for different skill levels. But ... don't set the bar so high that you can't succeed. Five days of exercise is a LOT!

And yay to the 2 pounds. I'm totally rounding there with you :)

Sierra said...

Great goals! Now the true challenge is to stick with it! You can do it. ;)

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs