Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Violated

I have really been struggling today with a whole host of emotions. Anger. Fear. Hostility.

Last night, scumbags broke into Big A's school and completely trashed 3 classrooms. Big A's room was one of them. These low life creeps destroyed all they could see and stole computer equipment that's used daily in class. All for what?

I didn't used to worry about the security of my child's school, but now I do.

I worry about how she'll interpret this thoughtless act and how it will affect her.

I'm mad that the amazing technology she used in class has been stolen from her and her classmates.

Equipment can be replaced. Bulletin boards can be put back up.

I'm really glad that no one was in the building at the time, because human lives could never be replaced. And eventually our sense of security will return. It just frustrates me that people can have so little regard for others. Especially when those others are children.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Gosh Angie, that's just horrible. A very similar thing happened to my mom's school once. If I remember correctly they had the counselor go around to the classrooms so kids could talk about how they felt. I hope they do something similar for Big A.

I know something like this brings out the mama bear in us.... big hugs.

More Than Words said...

I don't blame you for feeling that way. I hope that they either turn themselves in, or get caught. Sooner or later, it will all catch up to them.

CaraBee said...

When I was in the sixth grade vandals broke into my school and started a fire that burned up a section of the school, including my classroom. We were out of school for a week. I just don't understand some people. How they could do that to kids.

Shannon said...

WHAT?! I hadn't heard of this...

I don't understand the mentality... WHY would someone do this?! UGH.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

That is so scary!

Jane In The Jungle said...

I had not heard this either, missed the news tonight. Wonder if it's the same crew who stole the computers from Howard and Brainerd?
It sooo sucks...I know Whitney must have been heart broken!
Big A will be fine...I think kids have an easier time with these things..they are young enough to bounce back quickly...we older kids harbor those feelings!

Shelley said...

We had some vandalism at our local high school this year. It really is discouraging. The reason that these boys did it was they felt "wronged". Okay, you know what, so do I sometimes, but you won't see me vandalizing people's property because of it.
I understand your frustration and your fear. Sorry that you child had to have this shoved on her at such a young age.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs