Thursday, January 7, 2010

Trim the Fat Thursday


It's B-AAAACK! A new year...a new weight loss endeavor.

My parents gave us a cool Christmas gift, which came in the form of a Wii and Wii Fit Plus! I've coveted one of these systems for a long time, especially after hearing about some great results that people have had with this program. It's time to put it to the test.

I've been working with the system since Christmas Day in a fun manner and getting accustomed to what offerings are available. Hubby has been instrumental in motivating my competitive spirit in trying to beat some of the high scores that I've set. Smart ass.

There are definitely things that I like and dislike about the program. But, before we get to that, let's see what my starting point is, shall we?


Dislike 1 - How they took my cute Mii character and made her fat. Gee, thanks for restating the obvious, Wii.

Dislike 2 - The sound that you have been spared when they announce to me that I'm OBESE. No, REALLY?!

Ok, now on to the positives.

I like how it keeps track of my weight AND BMI fluctuations. And there's graphs and all that stuff that a nerd like me really gets into. There's a LOT of variety available in the modules including yoga, strength training, and aerobics, as well as, games to improve my balance and coordination. My 1 concern was whether or not it would provide enough of a workout to really be worth it. I got my answer this morning when I worked up quite a sweat and heart rate after only 30 minutes of activities. Yay me!

So, each week I'll have a picture of my results according to Wii and post about my goals/results.

Starting Weight is 218 (yikes! shudder)
Starting BMI is 38.63

Goals for the week:
1. Get in 3 workouts
2. Do a meal plan for the next week
3. Lose 2 lbs

Anyone else want to participate with me? If you're interested, I can turn this into a linky love entry like I did last year. Let's motivate each other!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You go girl!! I have a Wii Fit too, got it last year, but I just couldn't stay with it. Now I don't want to get on it and have to look at the fat wii-me :(. Maybe after this baby comes I can jump on the wagon and lose my baby fat. There is some motivation for you to stay with it so I can join you in May!

Andrea said...

GO for it...everyone I know...loves it!
andrea

NSGIRL said...

Good for you! I've just restarted my Wii'ing after 206 days (so it told me!) Gotta love the "ouch" sound it makes when you step on the Balance Board...sometimes makes you want to throw it across the room! lol

If you like to Dance or exercise to music "Dance, Dance Revolution" is kind of fun too!

Good luck with your Wii'ing!!

Unknown said...

I'm on the wagon with you! Doing a Thursday post as well. I must have had yours in mind when I started doing my last week...haha! I do not have a Wii, but will be doing it the old fashioned way. I'll totally join up and would love to team up with some others as well!

http://blameitonthefullmoon.blogspot.com/

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I so need to get back on the bandwagon. Especially since my mom brought donuts home yesterday. I am craving those Entemann's poppers. Of course that one is all your fault. :-)

I don't have the wii fit...but I have been thinking about it. I know that I broke a sweat just doing the cycling on wii sports resorts. And it made me laugh at my inability to steer and pedal at the same time!

Michelle said...

Oh, I was wondering what happened to this. Go you -- and have fun with that Wii. I need to get to the gym... but so far every day something comes up that keeps me (truly) from going. *sigh*

Brandy said...

I'm not ready to jump on yet but soon. I haven't used the Wii fit but it looks pretty cool!

Good luck!

CaraBee said...

We have a Wii but not the Fit although I have used a friends and the Mii was VERY unflattering.

I'm doing a weight loss challenge through Loser Moms that starts the 10th and runs through April 10th. I figure if nothing else, my extremely competitive nature will kick in and I'll actually get my butt in gear because I want to win the MONEY!! My strategy is to count calories. And work out. But the food is really the key. I mean, I've been working out like a fiend for almost a year and have lost very little weight. So I have my little notebook where I write everything down. I try to be honest about how much I am eating. And then at the end of every day, I add 200 calories because I am SURE that I am undercounting.

Good luck!!

Angela said...

YAY You! I am SO proud of you! And yes, please bring back Mr. Linky. I need the support too. The good news is I am still down from my all time high by a few pounds. The bad news is that none of my "normal" clothes fit yet. And the worst news is that my one pair of jeans I can fit into now has holes in it. No idea what I'm going to do about that except lose weight in a hurry!

And the Wii is so much fun! Steph B. has one and we played with it last year at their place. I loved it!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs