Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Signs, signs, everywhere signs

"Nostalgic" would be the word to describe me this week. Here's why.

1. On Monday, I was driving along, listening to my iPod when "No Myth" by Michael Penn came on. I was immediately transported to an 8th grade dance. It was surreal. (BTW, Lula, Penn scored the movie American Teen. Yet one more reason that I need to see that movie.)


2. Yesterday, I made plans to attend the concert of the summer with my BFF. This is a concert that rivals all others. A band that I was robbed of seeing 17 years ago. The one. The only. DEF LEPPARD!! With their special guests, Poison and Cheap Trick. To say that I am excited would certainly be the understatement of the decade. I will finally get to see Rick Savage (the bassist) in person and I know he'll be singing "Pour Some Sugar On Me" directly to me. Sigh.



3. And finally, today, I was watching a rerun of the ORIGINAL 90210 and found myself bawling. It was the eppy where Donna has to deliver the eulogy at her dad's funeral. I'm sure I probably squeaked out a tear the first time this aired, but seriously, my girls were all "what's wrong mommy," and I was so embarrassed. ANYWAY, a singer by the name of Beth Hart was the featured artist and I just love this song by her. It takes me back. (**This video is a live performance & contains bad language. Consider yourself warned.)



Does music make you nostalgic? What song does it to you every time?

7 comments:

Connie said...

Music always brings up memories for me! I love Pour Some Sugar on Me! I almost bought a shirt in Vegas that said that on it and my hubby was all WHAT? Little does he know that if he played that song in our bedroom...I would be putty in his hands!

Sorry...that was probably more than you needed to know. LOL!

Connie said...

Music always brings up memories for me! I love Pour Some Sugar on Me! I almost bought a shirt in Vegas that said that on it and my hubby was all WHAT? Little does he know that if he played that song in our bedroom...I would be putty in his hands!

Sorry...that was probably more than you needed to know. LOL!

Unknown said...

So loved this post! The music totally rocks! I totally LOVE 80s music! When Paul and I started dating he was like what you like 80s that is it I am marrying this woman!! I use to hit up Rhythm and Brews for all those 80 cover bands back in my pre-kids time. There is a song for almost every screwed up time in my life. Great trip down memory lane. (Oh and by the way if I had a dollar for everytime I had sang Pour Some Sugar on Me Karoke)

Angela said...

You KNOW music makes me nostalgic. Recently I have hit upon a few Ipod Memory Lane favorites - Cyndi Lauper (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun or She Bop) always reminds me of that crazy ride we all loved at Lake Winnie. Then Bryan Adams (Everything I do) always takes me straight back to the days when we made every date take us to see Robin Hood about six zillion times. Then the other day I remembered "Can't Stop Lovin' You" (Van Halen) which always reminds me of college and the movie Twister. All very clearly defined periods in my life. Funny how music does that.

Michelle said...

Oh, it makes me so nostalgic. I can tell you with the first one exactly where I was when I first heard it. And it was such a good time in life....

Beth Hart? I heard that song when it aired and went out to buy the CD.

And seriously? Poison? Oh I'm so jealous. Seventh grade dance in the gym... I'll never forget it. *sigh*

Reillybug said...

Music ALWAYS brings back memories for me.... Everytime I hear Maneater, or Steppin' Out - I remember spending summers riding my horse(we always had the radio on!).

Prince's Purple Rain, reminds me of freshman year in HS and gosh, I could just go on and on.

But I have seen Def Leppard( recently) the they are AWESOME!!!! And I think we are going to have a great time. I am so glad you are coming!!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

LOVE my music. Been jammin to "Journey's Greatest Hits" in the van, surprised you haven't heard me going by!!
Love Def Leopard and Poison!!! You go girl!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs