Friday, April 18, 2008

First the Pope and now me

It's been an exciting week for our nation's capital. Earlier this week, they welcomed Pope Benedict XVI with quite a fanfare. I can only hope that I receive an equally well-orchestrated affair, when I arrive in Washington D.C. this morning. Ok, so I exaggerate just a bit. I'm heading to D.C. to visit my brother and his wife for a whirlwind 24 hour visit. Oh, the joys of air travel that can just whisk you away to visit loved ones in a matter of a couple of hours!

Nothing terribly exciting is on the agenda, aside from finally getting to see their new home (a condo they purchased last year) and to have a few yummy meals at places much different than the fare I enjoy in East TN. I've already put my foot down and refused to darken the doorsteps of any sushi bars. I am a picky eater, there's no doubt about it. However, in my defense, I have tried really hard to broaden my food horizons as I get older.

I'll try to post some pics when I return. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Have a wonderful trip! And take lots of pics. I can't wait to see everyone!

Angie's Spot said...

Thanks! Our flight home is in about 3 hours, so it was definitely a whirlwind trip, but a great getaway nonetheless. I hope to post some pics later tonight.

danipug said...

hey girl, love the blog. you are better than I. I only have two entries in mine.
Danielle

Angie's Spot said...

Thanks Danielle! You have to start somewhere and just remember that you're doing it for yourself and no one else. I would be willing to bet that your 2 entries are not 10 months apart like mine are. Ha ha!

Rhea said...

I'm a picky eater too, but I have been trying harder to broaden my tastes as an adult. I can't do sushi yet though...just can't.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs