Monday, December 21, 2009

Cupcakes & Carousel Rides

This Fall has been full of lots of activities!

One afternoon, Little A & I discovered a new cupcake bakery in our trendy river district. Is it just me or are these cupcake stores popping up in droves everywhere?

Little A was delighted to find a case full of cupcakes, teeming with icing and several with animal faces. She chose a kitty cat themed sugary delight.


And after several attempts, couldn't do much more damage than this.


Just outside the cupcake store is a very popular park in the area. It has a fabulous indoor carousel, complete with many handcarved animals that are amazing to witness. I try to take the girls here a few times a year to recapture my youth let them have a couple of rides.

Little A was VERY excited about riding the fish.


Big A was thrilled to not miss out on this outing! Little A & I often do things while Big A is at school.




One of these days, I'll have to let them girls try to capture a picture of me on one of these carousel animals, because it's quite a sight!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Adorable....my granddaughter would love animal face cupcakes, too.

Blessings and Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

Yes, the cupcake shops are popping up everywhere! They're cool now.... As are the carousel animals there. That is truly a great set to ride on. I love them.

I'm also trying not to pine over the As' hair, but not succeeding. *sigh*

Shelley said...

What a fantastic way to spend time with your girls. Who are gorgeous by the way. Merry Christmas

Melissa said...

I'm so glad that I don't need a picture of you on a fake horse because i have several of you on a real one! Hee hee.....:)

Your girls are so beautiful!

Jane In The Jungle said...

They are everywhere!

Bad mama has never taken Colin or Shea to Cooledge Prk...much less the Carousel....we've looked at it from the Market St. Bridge...sigh.

I need a cupcake....

Shannon said...

I think another trip to Gigi's is in store for today...

Angela said...

So cute! Looks like a fabulous fall day well spent! I have never been to Coolidge. It was built after I left but it looks so cool!

CrystalChick said...

Looks like a day of fun!
Haven't heard of cupcake shops, around here anyway. It's a good thing too, I'd go there alone... daily! LOL

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs