Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Tuesday Entertainment Roundup

It was a lean week of entertainment. I've been busy with back to school plans and work commitments (and possibly an hour a day playing FarmTown on Facebook). So, here is the 1 movie that I did manage to see this past week.

Lions for Lambs - This one had been stuck in the Netflix queue for a while and showed up unexpectedly. I was really enjoying this movie until the ending. Which sucked. Hard. And so, I'm not recommending this one. Sorry to Robert Redford and Meryl Streep, both of whom I thought gave good performances. Tom Cruise...you still suck.

There are so many movies out in theaters right now (or coming out very soon) that I want to see. Has anyone seen "The Ugly Truth" or "Funny People"? I love seeing movies in the theater! It's just a totally different experience than watching one in your living room. Working at a movie theater was my first "real" job in high school and there are days that I miss it. I worked my way up to head projectionist pretty quickly at my theater and that was awesome! Sitting upstairs in the cold projection room, listening to the humming of 8 projectors and watching movies all by myself over and over again. And my hubby wonders why I have no issue with watching the same movie on tv over and over again. It was a habit I picked up pretty early in life.

5 comments:

brainella said...

I can't believe you even still watch stuff with Tom Cruise. He makes me sad.

I really want to see Julie & Julia. :-) I love Meryl Streep.

Brandy said...

I haven't been to the actual movies since Twilight. This weekend we watch Miss March - don't bother. And The Fast & furious (whatever the latest version is called) which was just like the others.

CaraBee said...

Man, working in a theater would have been my dream job. Sadly, my little town only had one theater and there was no getting in there.

Lions for Lambs. Meh. While there were some good actors in it, it just didn't hold much interest for me.

Anonymous said...

My sister saw funny people and she said it was only okay. I want to see the proposal! I know some people loved it and some said it was only so-so, but I still want to see it :)

Lula! said...

Watched *that one movie starring Anne Hathaway that you blogged about* (don't want to be a huge spoiler here!) last night. TOTALLY figured out the ending mid-way...like, they didn't even have a chance at fooling me. I've seen the Sixth Sense. Dang.
(I think I figured it out the 2nd time we saw the dog barking at Eric...and then the deal was sealed when no one answered at her sister's house. I was all, "Whoa--way to rip off M. Night Shaymalan!")

Sigh...

And I'll now not watch Lions of Lambs. Lame. Next up for me is Confessions of a Shopaholic. Seen it?

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs