Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mama's Got a Brand New Bag

As I've said many times before, I am not a girly-girl.

I don't keep up with the latest fashions. I'm happiest in my Old Navy jeans, classic t-shirt and flip flops.

I like jewelry and dressing up an outfit with necklaces and bracelets and funky earrings.

However, there is one accessory that is my weakness. The one thing that I rarely leave home without. The item that I wear with everything. The item that usually isn't retired until it's completely worn out. It's like an extension of myself. Part of the family.

This time, it all started with this little gal. An innocent little change purse that my youngest received as a Christmas gift from a friend.


I fell in love with the print and began investigating things. After thieving borrowing the change purse, I decided that it might be lonely. So, I found it a friend.


But these 2 little friends were missing their mommy. And I can't have that. A reunion was necessary. And now I introduce you to my new best friend. My everything. My new purse.


I've named her Lauren. Because it seemed fitting. And she shall walk with me everywhere until her clasps simply cannot bear the load anymore. At which point, I shall weep. There's a special bond between a woman and her favorite purse. I can't really put it into words, but she makes me feel like I'm a star when I walk out of the house with her.

For anyone out there who is looking to talk about their fashion sense and maybe win a ton of way cool jewelry, check out Apple Joos Springtime Contest!

9 comments:

Aubrey said...

I am feeling those colors and THAT print! So cute!

Khris said...

ohh I love those purses/bags...can you tell me where you go them pleeeeassseee...hugs Khris

Brandy said...

I like it. Lauren screams summertime!

Dawnll said...

Can't believe you love purses also...only I have to have many not just one.Looks like a vera bradley? I am dreaming of finding one, need it big enough for all my stuff.

Kori said...

Ya know me. Yet you post pictures of purses. I can't take it. You know they are my weakness. However I will say that lauren is super hip and I am loving her.

Angela said...

Very cute! I just switched over to my summertime purse as well. You will see it this weekend. It doesn't have a name, but I do love it. Especially since it was $5 at Belk!

Jen said...

now that is a great bag! Very cute.

Apple Joos said...

So cute! We had a luggage store in the local mall here that used to have Vera Bradley in the window all the time. They'd change up the display according to what was new and hip. I loved looking at the purses there. I never bought one because, despite thinking them very cute, they're not really my style. As you remember, buying things without thinking about how they fit the rest of my wardrobe is what's started this contest in the first place! I love the colors, though. It makes me nostalgic for the beach.

Michelle said...

Oh you make me giggle. I know how you feel about purses. I carry a fairly unusual one and saw a woman carrying the SAME one today, and it was just weird. I didn't like it. MY purse.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs